Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
FINALLY GOT IT! Magic/Bird Hoops auto
Music 
FINALLY GOT IT! Magic/Bird Hoops auto
I have been after this card since 1994 when I was 15. I have been skittish a number of times due to the rampant counterfeits but this one is beautiful. I bought it from an eBayer who was nice enough to end the auction early for me and has 100% positive feedback.

[Image: efydf.jpg]
What do you think?

RE: FINALLY GOT IT! Magic/Bird Hoops auto
That is a beautiful card! I'm curious, if you don't mind sharing what did it set you back?

(10-14-2012, 12:00 AM)TBarn291 Wrote: That is a beautiful card! I'm curious, if you don't mind sharing what did it set you back?
Thanks! $300. The funny thing is there was a PSA 9 that I was trying to win and at the last moment of the auction someone bid $5 more than me and won it with $330. Ended up working out though ;D

Man, that card brings back the memories! I was a little older in '94 but I remember pulling a few of the unsigned ones back in the day. Congrats on the excellent pickup!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

$300 is not bad at all. That is a beautiful card. I wonder if there are any other Magic/Bird Dual Autos. Well congrats on finally achieving your goal!

VERY Nice! Super congrats on finally landing it. I wouldn't want any other Magic/Bird dual auto but this card, the one and only!
I am "THE" Elgin Baylor collector. Collecting basketball cards since 1992. You may know me from other places as "SportsItUpCards" or "Gio"

Collecting:

Elgin Baylor

Steve Francis 1999-00 Rare cards #'d to 100 or less

facebook.com/groups/SportsCardsHobbyTalk

Thanks to all of the responses. I am literally counting down the hours until I get it lol. Really feels good getting that ONE card that you have been after for so many years.

(10-14-2012, 08:11 PM)scoobiesnackarff Wrote: Thanks to all of the responses. I am literally counting down the hours until I get it lol. Really feels good getting that ONE card that you have been after for so many years.
Congrats bud, enjoy it! Hopefully one day I will join the club too Smile I actually bought this card and turns out it was a FAKE! smh I'ts truely a great card, and I would be super excited too if I had that authenticated one coming my way. One of the top 100 basketball cards of all time in my book. I probably had dreams about this card back then hahaha

I am "THE" Elgin Baylor collector. Collecting basketball cards since 1992. You may know me from other places as "SportsItUpCards" or "Gio"

Collecting:

Elgin Baylor

Steve Francis 1999-00 Rare cards #'d to 100 or less

facebook.com/groups/SportsCardsHobbyTalk

congrats, its always nice accomplishing a task, especially one that you have had for that long. the card looks great!!!!!!
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]
Music 
Finally received it =D So happy.

[Image: 2ura72w.jpg]
BTW, I just read in Beckett that the auto version is MB1A but I have never seen a card on the back have MB1A, just MB1. Am I missing something?