`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question about a Lou Gehrig framed painting

question about a Lou Gehrig framed painting
I have had this Lou Gehrig painting that is framed for quite some time and at the bottom there is a stamp from the USPS from 1989. I have done some research about the painting and the artist is Bart Forbes, who has done paintings for some presidents and other famous people. The stamp by itself is said to not be worth much, but I am wondering about how much would something like what I have will go for?

I am hoping to sell it for somewhere around $30 - $50, but cannot find anything on ebay's completed listings (only the stamp). Any help would be great.

here is a scan of it:

[Image: Photo0598.jpg]
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

RE: question about a Lou Gehrig framed painting
(10-13-2012, 10:46 PM)sesfan01 Wrote: I have had this Lou Gehrig painting that is framed for quite some time and at the bottom there is a stamp from the USPS from 1989. I have done some research about the painting and the artist is Bart Forbes, who has done paintings for some presidents and other famous people. The stamp by itself is said to not be worth much, but I am wondering about how much would something like what I have will go for? I can upload a scan if needed.

I am hoping to sell it for somewhere around $30 - $50, but cannot find anything on ebay's completed listings (only the stamp). Any help would be great.
can you take a quick picture to post it? It may be a usps 1st day cover poster. I had some from around that time & bought a Yankee one around 10 years ago.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

scan is now uploaded.

(10-13-2012, 11:04 PM)sesfan01 Wrote: scan is now uploaded.
wow, thats cool. Not what i was thinking of at all. I'll help & try finding something online.

Found this & will look for more
http://collectauctions.com/LotDetail.asp...per-Poster
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,

(10-13-2012, 11:08 PM)krn001 Wrote: wow, thats cool. Not what i was thinking of at all. I'll help & try finding something online.

Found this & will look for more
http://collectauctions.com/LotDetail.asp...per-Poster
thanks, I'm pretty sure it's not a real auto at the bottom either (maybe reprint or fascimile), but that would be so sweet if it was.

Also found this, btw i typed usps + lou gehrig on google images & looked for that pic. Its the 1989 usps stamp promo card? so usps/gehrig/1989 etc can bring up numerous images.
auction

(10-13-2012, 11:19 PM)krn001 Wrote: Also found this, btw i typed usps + lou gehrig on google images & looked for that pic. Its the 1989 usps stamp promo card? so usps/gehrig/1989 etc can bring up numerous images.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lou-Gehrig-1989-...0433393028
thanks krn001, the final bids were not what I was expecting, but it does give me a more realistic price I can expect to get for them.

(10-13-2012, 11:25 PM)sesfan01 Wrote: thanks krn001, the final bids were not what I was expecting, but it does give me a more realistic price I can expect to get for them.
Yea, bummer on the pricing, its interesting to know what the item was for. I was thinking of the approx 12 x 14 first day stamp posters. i had a bunch i sold a few years ago & had a few sport players, musicians & others. They were mint but didn't sell for much. I'm guessing they produced too many to be a hard to find item.
I have to edit my ebay link since its live.

(10-13-2012, 11:25 PM)sesfan01 Wrote: thanks krn001, the final bids were not what I was expecting, but it does give me a more realistic price I can expect to get for them.
but yours 'is already framed"

maybe you'll get a higher price..

Do a buy it now or garage sale it

goodluck
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

That is really cool! You probably can get the $30-$50 you wanted for it.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!