`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just made my first ebay sale

RE: Just made my first ebay sale
(10-12-2012, 05:01 PM)dlcarst Wrote: Don't. Many people won't even bother bidding knowing the reserve price is usually higher than anyone will bid. I'd either make the starting bid the lowest you'll take for the card or just make it Buy it Now with best offer.
That's what I'd do, too.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

At this time of year, as long as you end the auction on sunday night, I don't see the need to even have a buy it now for either of these cards. I think you'll for sure end up with "fair market value" with both teams being in the playoffs and all.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I hear you on the Cabrera ... I pulled this one out of a box of 09 Signature Stars from WalMart ... and sold it for a grand total of $26 a couple of months ago. I should have just kept it ...

[Image: MiguelAuto.jpg]

Oh well. But I agree with the others ... put them both up this coming Sunday and let them ride for seven days ... you should do pretty well, especially on the Posey. I've sold a bunch of his base RCs for $3-5 apiece, which isn't actually bad for modern base RCs.

Man, the Cabreras have really shot up in the last few weeks. I was killing it on them (on the buying side, relatively speaking) during the summer. I was picking up base GU for $2-3 and patches for $7-12 and autos for $8-15. Now, they've all doubled.

One of the things that attracted me to collecting Cabrera was that he was a fairly affordable star to collect. -And he has a ton of cards, dating back to the early '00's. As a Tiger fan and collector, I'm glad to see his star rise on a national level. But it definitely makes collecting him a little tougher. One of my other PC guys-Verlander-is also riding sky high, and Stanton isn't too far behind. Obviously, these guys are all stars to begin with, so it doesn't come as a big surprise to me. There aren't a lot of deals to be had though right now, and I can't bring myself to sell while the getting is good. (The curse of the collector!)
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Update on the Posey auto. Not even on the bay for one day and it sold for $350! I am on my way to getting that high end case.