`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Playoffs

RE: The Playoffs
(10-17-2012, 05:42 AM)fulltritty Wrote: How has the Yankees starters imploded? Everyone of them has pitched like aces in the playoffs giving up only 1 or 2 runs. Normally, this would win a game, but it's our bats that have looked pathetic. We need bats next year, not more pitching if we get Pineda back and re-sign Kuroda. Swisher needs to go and we need to re-sign Ichiro for right field. We need to get rid of A-Rod (never happen unfortunately) and need to get a catcher who can hit.Granderson needs to work on cutting down on the strikeouts and Tex needs to learn how to slap a single down the third baseline when they put the shift on.
Agree 100% with you about the pitching. However, I think Martin is a decent catcher and we should keep him. ARod will still be here cause of his contract...I don't think any team would pick that up. Swisher is definitely a goner. I think Granderson's contract is up this year or next and I don't think we'll resign him.

I think the team needs to get younger...like get some players in their 20's. We know the infield is set so that really can't be touched but Grandy and Swish are likely goners, maybe we can get some young guys out there. I'd like to see Nunez play a bit more in the regular season. If he keeps making errors at short, either DH him or platoon DH's with him and Jeter. With Gardner back, I'd also like to see him get some playing time in the outfield. It's not all about the homeruns, cause in the postseason, that doesn't work. We need at least a couple fast guys like Nunez and Gardner in the lineup.
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs

Doesn't look like Swisher's coming back.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Any new predictions now??? Tigers vs Cardinals/Giants........

Who would win the WS???
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I'm thinking Cardinals will beat Giants in NLCS, but a Tigers vs Cardinals WS seems tough to predict a winner.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.

At this point I will be rooting for the Tigers to win

This NLCS has been exciting. Even though the Yankees got eliminated, I'm still watching the playoffs.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.

(10-21-2012, 10:50 AM)phillies816 Wrote: At this point I will be rooting for the Tigers to win
I dont like the cards cause they beat us last year, giants the year before... but i really dislike miguel cabrera so its a tough call for me
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I'm not rooting for anyone, just watching.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.

I want Verlander to get a ring. The guy is the best pitcher in MLB in my opinion and from everything I've read an amazing person off the field. He is easy to root for.

Not when he beat the Yankees he wasn't.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.