`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Playoffs

The Playoffs
Pretty much, what do you think of this postseason so far, and what are your predictions? My thoughts at the moment are how much I distrust Hughes in a postseason game and how much I wish CC Sabathia was pitching tonight.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

RE: The Playoffs
Awesome playoffs so far. I like the Tigers over the O's in the ALCS in 7; Nats over Giants in 5; and Tigers over Nats in 5.

I'm disappointed the Reds lost to the Giants. And I'm sick of the the Cardinals. Still, the games have been awesome. (As I write this, the O's just took the lead over the Yanks in the 13th)
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Wish the Reds won but maby in 2013. Suprised all series are going to 5 games.
Mat Latos & Chris Heisey collector.
2012 Bowman Chrome Mat Latos Rainbow done!
Looking for the last printing plate.

Just got home from the game...yes at 2 a.m! I did not trust Hughes one bit but boy did he prove me wrong. He pitched an outstanding game like all our other pitchers have this series. I would have never thought the problem would be hitting but it has been this series. All these games are coming down to the wire and I think we just need to play small ball. Get a leadoff single, steal, then bunt to 3rd...man on 3rd with 1 out. Leadoff double, just bunt over to 3rd. Man on 3rd with 1 out. All these games are low scoring and are being decided by a run. Just my take on the Yankees. Would type a lot more becauae I have a lot to say but I'm on my phone in bed about to go to sleep lol.
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs

Its fun when your team is not in the run and seeing them lose. I do see the giants making it to the world series though. There pitching from beginning to end is sick. Kudos to them and YES Im a Dodgers fan
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331

The way the Yankees and O's hitters are going, neither team will likely have a chance to beat the Tigers. Only batter worth anything right now on the Yankees is Jeter. A-Rod and Granderson look like minor leaguers lost at the plate against major league pitching.

Speaking of looking lost at the plate and like a minor leaguer (just like he did against the Yankees) how about Bryce Harper and his .056 batting average (1-18 w/ 6Ks). He has become totally irrelevant in this series. Machado hasn't done too well either, but at least he had a homerun to give the O's the lead.

It is exciting to see so many Game 5s!

(10-12-2012, 05:05 AM)fulltritty Wrote: The way the Yankees and O's hitters are going, neither team will likely have a chance to beat the Tigers. Only batter worth anything right now on the Yankees is Jeter. A-Rod and Granderson look like minor leaguers lost at the plate against major league pitching.

Speaking of looking lost at the plate and like a minor leaguer (just like he did against the Yankees) how about Bryce Harper and his .056 batting average (1-18 w/ 6Ks). He has become totally irrelevant in this series. Machado hasn't done too well either, but at least he had a homerun to give the O's the lead.

It is exciting to see so many Game 5s!
Robinson Cano not hitting isn't helping either. I can only hope they get it together against the Tigers in the ALCS. (Maybe a little too much optimismbut, they are the Yankees!)
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(10-12-2012, 01:17 AM)ja1091 Wrote: Just got home from the game...yes at 2 a.m! I did not trust Hughes one bit but boy did he prove me wrong. He pitched an outstanding game like all our other pitchers have this series. I would have never thought the problem would be hitting but it has been this series. All these games are coming down to the wire and I think we just need to play small ball. Get a leadoff single, steal, then bunt to 3rd...man on 3rd with 1 out. Leadoff double, just bunt over to 3rd. Man on 3rd with 1 out. All these games are low scoring and are being decided by a run. Just my take on the Yankees. Would type a lot more becauae I have a lot to say but I'm on my phone in bed about to go to sleep lol.
I have to agree that Hughes surprised me as well. Hitting in the playoffs has always been our trouble lately. We cant keep waiting for the homer. We need some more hitters and less sluggers. Give me a guy who gets 200 hits, scores 75-100 runs and steal 15-35 bases.
[Image: yankees2copy.jpg]

Well, we won, but the Tigers scare me in the next round.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

So far, the postseason has been pretty spectacular. All 4 series went to a fifth game and each was filled with a lot of exciting baseball. It would've been nice for the A's to move on and continue their magical season. And if the O's could've beat the Yankees, that would've been a pretty incredible turnaround, too. But we've had some single game and series comebacks for the ages. I hope it continues on for the rest of the series.