`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An eBay experience I just want to share

An eBay experience I just want to share
This has been resolved for a little bit, but I just want to share and get everyone's opinions on if I did the right thing at the end here. A while ago, a seller had a 1958 Topps Ted Williams card up for bid on the bay. Before placing a bid, I checked the description and the pictures, and it seemed to be a legit 1958 card, not a vintage reprint or anything. The seller had 100% positive feedback so I figured, what the hell. I placed my max bid quite lower than I what I figured the card would go for. Needless to say, I won. I was excited but also still skeptical. I paid promptly (I almost always pay immediately when I win an auction); the only thing left was waiting for the card. So I waited. And waited. And waited. It never showed. I sent a message to the seller telling him I hadn't received it, but never heard back. I had to wait a month to contact eBay, which I did 30 days after purchase. I asked for a full refund. A few days later, my PayPal was refunded in full. There was no apology, no explanation of what happened from the seller. I never heard from the guy before or since. eBay asked for me to give feedback to the seller, but I opted not to. Should I have given negative feedback? I figured, I got my money back, and that's all I wanted. I just thought it was strange not to get ANY kind of a response. Anyone have this type of situation happen to them?
[Image: indians_zps82881612.jpg]

- Jason Kipnis super collector
- Cleveland Indians Autos/Relics/Inserts/Parallels and Base Sets
- Superstar and HOF autos/relics

RE: An eBay experience I just want to share
You're well within your rights to leave a negative.

The seller did not send your card nor explain the issue.

However, since s/he had 100 percent feedback, the more likely scenario is that something happened, i.e. a family emergency or something.

Still, 30 days seems like a lot, regardless.

If it were me, since I got my money back, I'd leave a neutral with an explanation ... something like "refund received after 30 days, did not receive card or any communication from seller" or something like that.

That way, people can make up their own mind, whether to go with your feedback or his existing 100 percent rating.

As a buyer, if I were looking at the guy's auctions after that point, I would send him a note ahead of time and ask him to explain your feedback before I bid on one of his items.

So, he'd still have to answer the oddness of your deal before he'd get my money.

I probably would have done what you did and not leave any feedback at all
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

You could leave a neutral detailing what happened but indicate you were refunded. It doesn't hurt their feedback percentage, but other buyers will see the neutral at the top of his feedback page.

neutral feedback is good for those situations because if you leave a negative feedback he will probably do the same to you and writ some **** about you(happens to me before)
Montreal Expos collector
[Image: 756572118668large.png]

You not knowing any circumstance of his situation why dont you just leave it go? You lost nothing but some time. Do you realize how much time buyers waste of sellers time? Perhaps find peace in that it cost you nothing.
23isit's bucket
Collecting hall of famer GU and auto's. Todays stars
[Image: philliesbanner2.jpg]

I would not have left any feedback either as it gives him an opportunity to flame you back. Better off nothing said. Here's an example of my own:

I purchased a topps series 1 world series pin back in May. Card didn't show for a month, so I contacted seller and he refunded. I assumed he never sent the package, or it was mislabeled or something his fault. I did not leave any feedback. I just received the card last week, 5 months after it was sent. The package was fine, label was fine. USPS had just lost this. It was no ones fault but USPS. So, it was a good thing I did not leave negative feedback. I contacted the guy and he even offered to let me keep the card. Instead, I am selling it on his behalf and sending him the money. It pays to be polite and in some cases... not negative.

Yeah, I think you did the right thing.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(10-10-2012, 08:12 PM)batusboyus Wrote: I would not have left any feedback either as it gives him an opportunity to flame you back. Better off nothing said. Here's an example of my own:

I purchased a topps series 1 world series pin back in May. Card didn't show for a month, so I contacted seller and he refunded. I assumed he never sent the package, or it was mislabeled or something his fault. I did not leave any feedback. I just received the card last week, 5 months after it was sent. The package was fine, label was fine. USPS had just lost this. It was no ones fault but USPS. So, it was a good thing I did not leave negative feedback. I contacted the guy and he even offered to let me keep the card. Instead, I am selling it on his behalf and sending him the money. It pays to be polite and in some cases... not negative.
5 months! That's crazy! I'm surprised they found it.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

I woulda left neutral feed back saying not contact and never sent the car, but was refunded only after you had to contact ebay after 30 days. or something along those line.

Not leaving anything leaves other to believe he is a good seller and ships the items he sells,.