`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
EBay Math Means Awesome Longevity Box SCANS + UPDATE!

EBay Math Means Awesome Longevity Box SCANS + UPDATE!
OK, so we all joke about eBay 1/1s ... their jersey number, their dog's birthday, whatever ... but it's also how I pick my packs and boxes.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, so basically it's just as productive as not having any system at all.

Example: A couple of months ago I bought a rack pack of Platinum baseball and pulled the Bryce Harper ruby RC. I had picked the seventh pack, because Harper's uniform number is 34 ... 3 + 4 = 7 ...

Anyway, so today I'm in Target and see they have six boxes of Longevity football. I'm not about to buy all six, so which one to pick?

Well, I wanted an RGIII hit, so I picked the third one ... as in Robert Griffin "The Third" ...

First hit — Chris Givens Freshman Orientation jersey. Knew that was going to happen.

Second hit — Jarius Wright Freshman Orientation jersey. Knew that was going to happen.

What, Robert Turbin didn't want any piece of this break?

Third hit — Robert Griffin III Dress for Success jersey! Red swatch, too.

Fourth hit — Andrew Luck Freshman Orientation jersey.

No big autos, actually no autos at all LOL, but otherwise about as good a Longevity box as you can get.

Here they are ...

[Image: Andrew2.jpg]

Then, tonight, I realized I was four cards short of a base set of regular R&S, so I bought a blaster.

I think I got my four cards (at least three for sure), and I also pulled this ...

[Image: Andrew1.jpg]

Not a bad guy to be "haunted" by ...

RE: More EBay Math Leads To Pretty Awesome Longevity Box
You got 4 hits in a blaster??? Very nice!
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Don't hink those are blasters are they?
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

They aren't blasters...

no they arent blasters. they are basically a hobby box at target. longevity only comes in one shape. there isnt really a retail or hobby version. theres just the one version. longevity has got to be the most confusing set for collectors because for the last few years that ive been on here, there have always been questions about that product because people dont know if its retail or hobby lol. they are some sort of target exclusive thing which is why you can find them there. by the way, nice hits for one of those! luck and rg3 in the same box!
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

That was a great box. I cracked into three of those R&S Longevity. Pulled a Luck and an auto and two Tannehill Relics. Other than that...pretty sure that I got the same Wright and Givens. Great hits though. Congrats.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

(10-10-2012, 06:54 PM)branesergen Wrote: You got 4 hits in a blaster??? Very nice!
Nope, it's not a blaster. Although I did get four hits in an Absolute blaster last year — DeMarco Murray and Torrey Smith Star Gazing jerseys, and Taiwan Jones and Vincent Brown War Room Materials jerseys.

Most Absolute blasters were giving up two hits anyway, so I could tell those by the thick packs, but the other two with the extra hits only had like four or five cards in the packs.

It was a very fun bust.
(10-10-2012, 09:33 PM)nthnoak Wrote: no they arent blasters. they are basically a hobby box at target. longevity only comes in one shape. there isnt really a retail or hobby version. theres just the one version. longevity has got to be the most confusing set for collectors because for the last few years that ive been on here, there have always been questions about that product because people dont know if its retail or hobby lol. they are some sort of target exclusive thing which is why you can find them there. by the way, nice hits for one of those! luck and rg3 in the same box!
They're as close to hobby as Target gets, LOL ...

I've busted a total of three — one basketball in 09-10 (pulled rookie jerseys of Blake Griffin and Tyreke Evans), football in 2011 (Aaron Rodgers blue jersey/100) and the 2012 football yesterday (Luck & RG3).

I've always quit while I was ahead, although it would be fun to pull a huge auto.

In fact, I don't think I've ever pulled an auto, now that I think of it.

Which is funny, because the box clearly states "four autograph OR memorabilia cards per box" ... like some box out there really has four autos ... LOL
(10-11-2012, 08:17 AM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: That was a great box. I cracked into three of those R&S Longevity. Pulled a Luck and an auto and two Tannehill Relics. Other than that...pretty sure that I got the same Wright and Givens. Great hits though. Congrats.
Thanks ... it was funny. As I was walking into the store, I was like, I know I'm going to get like Chris Givens, Jarius Wright, Robert Turbin and Lamar Miller for at least three of my hits ... they're the "Todmans" who have been haunting all my breaks (and everyone else's, too, LOL) ...

So after I actually pulled the Givens and Wright, I was like, no, this can't be happening.

Then I saw the back of the Griffin card (the hits in my box were backwards in the packs ... ? ...), and I was like, sweet, I hope it's signed.

It wasn't, obviously, but I was still happy with it because that's what I was hoping for.

So, I was positive the fourth and final hit would be Turbin or Miller, and it turned out to be Luck.

Was really hoping for an auto, but was still really happy to pull both jerseys in the same box.

I'll try to get scans up as soon as the office clears out, LOL ...

RE: EBay Math Means Awesome Longevity Box SCANS + UPDATE!

Bumped for new scans at top, plus SWEET update ... please read! Thanks! RJ

Nice stuff I will try ur method next time
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(10-12-2012, 06:44 PM)alstott9adams Wrote: Nice stuff I will try ur method next time
Thank you ... I also pick them if one of them is backwards, upside down, stacked on another one, etc. ... basically, it tells me "Pick me, I'm unique" ... LOL

After sorting my blaster last night (the one with the second Luck jersey) I realized I am exactly ONE card short of a base set now ...

114, Rashard Mendenhall, in case any one has one and wants to do a PWE trade for the comparable base card of their choice, LOL ... I'll even trade a Tebow Jets card, but no Cam, Brady, Manning or Marshall because I only have one of those.

Anyway, so I went back today for another blaster, and pulled a Trent Richardson Rookie Collection jersey card.