`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Thoughts on products this year?

RE: Thoughts on products this year?
Iactully liked what Leaf and press pass have been doing the last couple years without a license. Showcase was great, and the short prints were pretty fantastic to hunt for. Valiant was one of the best looking designs and Fanfare and Metal Draft are great too (scans doing them no justice at all).
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

(10-09-2012, 12:03 AM)nthnoak Wrote: i agree with most of your ratings except a few which we are actually opposites on lol. i think elite was easily the best set so far. the acetate cards are awesome and they at least had veterans in insert sets. i normally dont care about prime because its just a blah set to me, but i cant help but notice its a big step up from last years at least. its still boring to me, but people seem to be getting a top notch rc every case and some of those booklets are awesome looking. and as you stated, prestige stepped it up too. i would just like to see maybe 1 product to include vets for every like 3 or 4 products released. as of now, there arent any and we have like 12 products that are nothing but sticker autos and rc premiers jerseys. not worth $100 or $200 a box.
My ratings are based on value returned per box when busting. I agree that Elite has some nice looking cards but from a value standpoint not worth opening IMO as I was better off just buying the singles.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

(10-09-2012, 08:01 AM)bselje Wrote: Agree with nthnoak - Elite has been my favorite product by far this year. Momentum was hot garbage, Topps has been horrible (across the board - with the stupid high print runs). Even the base Topps set was a bit of a disappointment, except for the tall boys.
I dont really buy college stuff so Upper Deck is irrelevant. Decent looking products but the college unis just dont do it for me. (Nor do Press Pass, SAGE, Leaf)
Didnt know about the move to sticker autos but you know, if it means less redemption cards, I'm all for it. I have 8 outstandiing redemption cards from Panini, one from a year ago. That is completely unacceptable. the 2 i got from Topps in 2011 i received very quickly. Panini really needs to fix that.
i am looking forward to Certified nd maybe even Topps Strata.
Oh and to echo sentiments here - PANINI: BRING BACK CLASSICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The thing about sticker autos is that we will still have redemptions so it really doesnt matter. Im waiting for a dual auto of two hof players which are sticker autos and im being told panini lost my card. So the players signed, but now they lost my card. Redemptions are nothing but problems and we will have them sticker or on card. Its ridiculous how long we have to wait for them like you said. But i have had a couple redemptions with panini that i redeemed and received within just 2 weeks.

(10-09-2012, 10:14 AM)ML25CA Wrote: I agree. I have purchased boxes of Prestige, Topps, Finest, R&S, Platiunum, Momentum, Elite, and Prime. By far my favorite was the Prestige. Biggest disappointment was Momentum. All the cards were chipped and not even one would I bother grading. Prime was a big no no also. Elite was ok. This was the first time I ever bought boxes like this. Wondering, are Upper Deck cards worth anythings, since they don't have an offical licence with the NFL. And secondly, if I had to have a RC of Luck or RG3 this year, what card company would produce the card which would carry the greatest value or be most sought after. See so many cards, but not sure which one people are going for the most. thanks!
Ud cards are worth just as much as other cards. They just might not appeal to some people that arent fond of college stuff. The best cards of rcs usually come from exquisite or national treasures but those are super high end products and will cost a ton for one of those guys. Even other sets like sp authentic and contenders will cost a bunch for luck or rg3 but thats what people tend to like the most. Its stille early in the year so we have lots of sets still due to come out.
(10-09-2012, 12:49 PM)warcraftin Wrote: My ratings are based on value returned per box when busting. I agree that Elite has some nice looking cards but from a value standpoint not worth opening IMO as I was better off just buying the singles.
Oh I see now. Yeah it can be hit or miss sometimes. I got a box of 2011 elite and got like $7 resale value lol
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

I am new here but would like to weigh in my view.
The only product that is comming out this year that gives the best value for hard earned dollers is
Topps Strata:
Price point- at around 70$ a box its somewhat affordable.
Bang for the buck- better chance of quality inserts per box compaired to a 100$+ box of cards.
2012 Topps Strata Football Box Break
1 Clear Cut Autograph Relic
1 Rookie Autograph
1 Rookie Relic Card
1 Rookie Die-Cut Card
108 Total Cards
18pcks per box 6 cards a back
As for sticker autos(i dont like them myself)
Its alot easier for a company like Topps to send an athelete like RG3 a whole page of stickers to sign thn it is the actual card.
The hobby has hurt itself by making products that only the wealthiest can afford. Greed is a powerful thing.

The problem is everyone wants an auto checklist with veterans and stars, but then complain when it costs a lot. It is a lot more expensive to get a veteran/star to sign than rookies. That's why products like National Treasures/Five Star/Exquisite have the veterans and stars in their checklist.

The price difference in cards is from the content. Cardboard is cardboard, you're paying for the checklist.

Having said that, this year's crop has indeed been disappointing. But all the products I look forward to every year (except for Elite) haven't come out yet. I have to wait until Contenders, Certified, Five Star, Supreme, Limited, Topps Chrome, and a few others come out. Those are some of the ones I like every year, and I am pretty excited about Topps Strata as well.

I think for the most part most of the 2012 products are disappointing. If I were to buy a 2012 product it would be Prestige maybe one box of Elite and cross my fingers. I don't buy alot of boxes but when I do I get 2011 products and older, mainly SP Authentic, Certified and Limited. Those are the ones that I have had the best luck with. I also like 2009 Score Inscriptions. If I could design my own product it would be a 24 pack box, with only 1 hit. The hit would be either an on card auto /50 and less or a Game used patch card /25 or less and the set would have alot of cool, late 1990's to 2005 type cool inserts.
[Image: 38lDS2Y.png]
Registry http://registry.beckett.com/player-detai...pc_2286189
PC http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/se.../Suh%20PC/
RC - 35/37
Auto - 83/341
1/1- 11
**Banner made by jbel4331**