`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where do you buy your boxes?

where do you buy your boxes?
This might be a repeat thread if so sorry.
But getting back into collecting and have always been weary about buying boxes online like from ebay.
I do have a online store I buy from idk if I can say the name of it, but have bought from them a few times. D&A....
The local store is a good place also, but dont always feel like driving an hour to it.

So do you have a trusted place online or ebay seller you buy from?

Reason for question is Iv always heard some people can get into the boxes with out you knowing...
idk if its true sos I ask lol

RE: where do you buy your boxes?
Your local card shop, Dave and Adam's Card World, Blowout Cards, Pittsburgh Sports, Charm City Cards are some good ones out there. Congrats on getting back into collecting. You're right to be wary of eBay. Yes, people can get into boxes. With older boxes, there was no shrink wrap, so that is easy, newer ones, if people have time, they can re-shrink wrap them. That is why you have to look for the card company's logo on the shrink wrap to make sure it is factory sealed. Hope that helps.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

It does thanks.
Dave and Adams is where i have bought from. I like them and ship fast.
Gonna check out the others you mentioned also. Smile

I kinda figured people did that with the boxes. Pretty shady of them and ruins it for us.

Blowoutcards.com has really good prices and free shipping any order over $150 they get pretty much all my business lately.

(10-08-2012, 07:11 PM)pjpitbull Wrote: It does thanks.
Dave and Adams is where i have bought from. I like them and ship fast.
Gonna check out the others you mentioned also. Smile

I kinda figured people did that with the boxes. Pretty shady of them and ruins it for us.
Yeah, Dave and Adam's is very good. I really hate the unscruplous people who tamper with cards.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

there's a really good ebay seller that I always buy from and I have pulled some of my favorite cards out of there. just PM me if you want to know his name.
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

Right now blowouts presale for Bowman Chrome is 63 and Draft is 61....do they ever go up? or not until they are released?
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

I don't buy from eBay anymore after reading about guys who buy cases and open boxes till they get the case hits and then sell the rest of the boxes to recoup the money they spent. The only place I buy wax from online is Blowout, not saying the others aren't good it's just that I have had some really good success and I like the free shipping on anything over 150 bucks.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

BO is my main source. Lately though I've been buying from Chris J. at The Hobby Box down in NC. He charges $9.50 for shipping and I swear it should be more because he goes above and beyond in packaging which I love.

My 2 biggest hits have been from him and just yesterday he pulled 6 1/1's in I think 7 or 8 box break videos.

It's all about personal preference. You could just order a case and be like those eBay slime balls who rip till they get a case hit and sell the other boxes.
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

Thats a very good point you make there about sellers buying cases then opening them up till they get the big hit and sell of the not so good boxes. Thanks for that insite.

Ill prob stick to D&A and try out a few others mentioned here also.
Thanks for the tips.