Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
My new direction...
Exclamation 
My new direction...
Sure most of you know, I let all my Bengal Shipley cards go, and have kept all my Longhorns cards of his, as well as my Jaxon Shipley cards... I will continue to pick up and Longhorns of Jordans that I need... But a part from that my new focus will be picking up BGS graded RC cards of my favorite players growing up... I was a HUGE Niners fan growing up, and I had Montana, Rice and Youngs RCs as I had pulled them from packs... Well, as we all know that was a LONG time ago... I am about to get them all again, and any other RCs that I remember owning or wanting... I am focused on picking up at least graded 9's, but was wondering if 8.5's were even worth looking at...Wink appreciate the advice/help, I am new to graded cards, but I have read enough to stick with BGS... Hopefully I get the same enjoyment I did back then pulling these legends from packs...

RE: My new direction...
I go PSA for anything that is not modern
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(10-08-2012, 07:26 PM)chads-cards Wrote: I go PSA for anything that is not modern
Oh,

I thought 81 and up was modern...Wink I thought BGS was a lot more picky when it came to these RCs... Should I focus on psa then??? Thanks Chad!!!

Slot it's all up to your personal wants....I do both BGS/PSA, you will hear some only PSA is best, some will say only BGS is best, do some research and figure out which you like better. BGS has alot better holders, PSA has alot better registry, if you're doing a set I would recommend PSA but if it's just singles...do BGS but that's all just IMO and my reasoning.

(10-08-2012, 06:41 PM)slotman11 Wrote: Sure most of you know, I let all my Bengal Shipley cards go, and have kept all my Longhorns cards of his, as well as my Jaxon Shipley cards... I will continue to pick up and Longhorns of Jordans that I need... But a part from that my new focus will be picking up BGS graded RC cards of my favorite players growing up... I was a HUGE Niners fan growing up, and I had Montana, Rice and Youngs RCs as I had pulled them from packs... Well, as we all know that was a LONG time ago... I am about to get them all again, and any other RCs that I remember owning or wanting... I am focused on picking up at least graded 9's, but was wondering if 8.5's were even worth looking at...Wink appreciate the advice/help, I am new to graded cards, but I have read enough to stick with BGS... Hopefully I get the same enjoyment I did back then pulling these legends from packs...
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

I dont go by their scales lol. Its up to you. Like England said the registry is way better with PSA. I Just think its a nice classic look for older cards.

My only worry on PSA cards is the lack of card sleeve in the holder... Is this an issue for long term??? I will figure this all out...Wink

Why did you part with your Shipley's if I may ask? I mustve missed that thread.
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

(10-08-2012, 08:00 PM)slotman11 Wrote: My only worry on PSA cards is the lack of card sleeve in the holder... Is this an issue for long term??? I will figure this all out...Wink
I wouldnt send them hundreds of cards a year if I thought it was a problem. I have never had an issue

(10-08-2012, 08:35 PM)aviat0rshades Wrote: Why did you part with your Shipley's if I may ask? I mustve missed that thread.
Kept all my Longhorns cards... Honestly looking at all the cards I had just sitting in a box, I decided they had to go... I will be able to display all my favorite Graded cards, and also will have quality over quantity... Will be buying only graded from now on...
(10-08-2012, 08:41 PM)chads-cards Wrote: I wouldnt send them hundreds of cards a year if I thought it was a problem. I have never had an issue
Good to know... Thanks Chad!!! I will go with a minimum of PSA 9 mint cards... If I go BGS should I go 9 minimum, or is 8.5 even worth my time??? Thanks!!!

I know it cost more money but go BGS 9.5's they will be worth the money you spend forever even if it means your only acquiring 1 every 6 months.

My opinion is that BGS > PSA
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4