`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One card players

One card players
I suppose this question has been asked before, but there is one thing I'd like to know. How many players only had one card issued for them? Is there a resource for this? Any help appreciated. Thanks, Bill

RE: One card players
Great question.

I would imagine that would be a very difficult list to generate dating back to Cabinet and Tobacco cards and across the multitude of manufacturers.

If limited to Topps only, there may be a resource out there and may be a doable project.
Even in the Topps years alone, there are regional issues or O Pee Chees to contend with. As an example, there was a Puerto Rican pitcher named Miguel Fuentes who was killed as his first and only Topps card in 1970 was being produced. However, there is a 1970 O Pee Chee version of his card as well.

If there is a list, I would love to see it myself.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

Prior to the big boom in manufacturing in the 80's, Dr. Beckett, along with Dennis Eckes put out The Sport Americana Alphabetical Baseball Card Checklist. It listed all players who appeared on a card in alphabetical order with all their cards. I imagine there is not a player in the last 30 years who has only 1 card. I just looked on Amazon and there are copies available for $6-7. hope this helps.
Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

(10-09-2012, 09:52 AM)scottzoe Wrote: Prior to the big boom in manufacturing in the 80's, Dr. Beckett, along with Dennis Eckes put out The Sport Americana Alphabetical Baseball Card Checklist. It listed all players who appeared on a card in alphabetical order with all their cards. I imagine there is not a player in the last 30 years who has only 1 card. I just looked on Amazon and there are copies available for $6-7. hope this helps.
Scott
Thanks for the info on the book. I may have to pick up a copy. I can't imagine a one card player in the last 30 years either. When I asked the original question, I kinda had 50's and 60's Topps cards in mind.