`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Hamilton

RE: Josh Hamilton
I very highly doubt Hamilton will get any kind of long term deal from any team. He's a great player but too high maintenance. That's something he's done to himself and I don't think any agent can fix it for him. The most I could see him getting is a 3 year deal at the most.

(10-21-2012, 10:09 AM)tntmclmm Wrote: I very highly doubt Hamilton will get any kind of long term deal from any team. He's a great player but too high maintenance. That's something he's done to himself and I don't think any agent can fix it for him. The most I could see him getting is a 3 year deal at the most.
And his age is another reason not to get a long deal.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(10-21-2012, 10:21 AM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: And his age is another reason not to get a long deal.
yea, that's never stopped the yanks from giving someone a long term deal that will cripple them for the last 5 years of the contract... (looks at the yanks corner infield positions)

I think he lands in Philly

(10-21-2012, 10:29 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: yea, that's never stopped the yanks from giving someone a long term deal that will cripple them for the last 5 years of the contract... (looks at the yanks corner infield positions)
Yeah, I really don't get why they do that. If they go after Hamilton, 3 years, no more.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.

(10-21-2012, 09:46 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i can say definitely the red sox wont be in on him, nor on any high end, long year free agent this off-season. there's a reason the sox got rid of thier 3 highest contracts in a trade - they are going back to "theoball". ben cherington has been given the reins of the baseball decisions again. even theo epstein admitted that he was trying to "feed the beast", and went away from the pholosphy that got the red sox 2 championships. the crawford deal, the agon deal would have never been made earlier in theo's career as red sox gm. those were foisted upon the franchise by larry lucchino

plus, hamilton, in a city with the most bars per capita? dont think that is something that would work well

as for the yankees: they are desperately trying to get out from under the luxury tax. every year, the penalties grow, but one year under the cap, and it resets

most likely, he stays in texas. but he could go to the angels, dodgers, or tigers
Agree. I think the Yanks are going to have their version of a rebuilding year. They might try and keep Ichiro, but i think swisher is gone. Going to try and cut some of the extra fat off. Unfortunately the "fattest" is arod and i don't think hes going anywhere.

Hamilton and Arod together? doesn't sound like it would mix well...
Super-Collector of Bernie Williams

Photobucket

I'd rather get rid of A-Rod and keep Swisher.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.

(10-21-2012, 10:34 AM)phillies816 Wrote: I think he lands in Philly
Considering we have ruben amaro as a gm he could go and give him a 10 year 300 mill deal lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(10-21-2012, 01:59 PM)alfredoleal2001 Wrote: Considering we have ruben amaro as a gm he could go and give him a 10 year 300 mill deal lol
No, Cashman would do that, sadly.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.

Either by trade or by Free Agency I think a really big name is coming to Philly. Maybe not Hamilton but if the Yankees eat most of the contract I wouldn't be shocked to see Arod end up here to be honest. I think Amaro has an itchy trigger finger and will be looking to make a statement this offseason.