`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Job Braves Fans

Nice Job Braves Fans
Way to send Chipper off by throwing garbage on the field. Really classy. I know it wasn't all of them but a large number of idiots were in attendance last night. I had very little interest in the game other than seeing Chipper in what ended up being his last game and was appalled by fan behavior. I know Philly does get a couple idiots a year so go ahead and get it out. I just feel Chipper deserved a better scene to leave in.

RE: Nice Job Braves Fans
It was that terrible call!! It's 3/4 of the way in the outfield and its a infield fly? I mean ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! That was probably the worst call I have ever seen! It shouldn't have been chipper's last game it shouldn't have even been a game. The record was better than the cardinals. Last year it would of helped them, this year it hurt them. Just a really tough break lately.
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

I hate the stupid call that dumb ***** umpire made. It was not the right call. There is no such thing as an infield fly if its is shallow left field, come on!

I do have to say I was embarrassed to be a Braves fan when the trash was being thrown out on the field.

I am not a fan of the new playoff format at all. The Cards shouldn't have gotten into the postseason to begin with. It's just one tough break after another lately for the Braves and now with Chipper gone I am not sure I will watch many Braves games next year. Maybe a few here and there just to keep an eye on the team. I hope next year goes a lot better, and I hope MLB gets rid of the ump that made that ridiculous call.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

Stupid, stupid call. But you're right about how Chipper didn't deserve to leave like that with all the garbage. I think Braves fans went crazy about the call and forgot about Chipper.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

when the game ended, the fans started chanting chipper......... did he come out again?? I think i wouldnt have. I saw him go straight into the clubhouse.

MLB didnt accept atlantas protest so that means they agree with the call made by the umpire, meaning they cant suspend him for anything. If they do anything against him now it means they know he blew the call, so its not happening.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Not a stupid call.....know the rules before beefing about a perfectly good call. (I had no emotional stake in this game as I can stand either team and didn't watch any of the game)

Philly fans get a bad rap (some deserved), but at least we are fan's. Braves only have a bunch of front-runners. What do they average, about 27k attendance per game......losers!

As far as Chipper, good riddence! Ump blew the call on his last hit anyway...way to go out Larry!

Yes, I hate Chipper....because he kicked our but so many times (lol).
See you in Hall holmes........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(10-06-2012, 10:12 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Philly fans get a bad rap (some deserved), but at least we are fan's. Braves only have a bunch of front-runners. What do they average, about 27k attendance per game......losers!
I really hope you are kidding with this statement. Phillies fans are some of the biggest front runners around. During the lean years at the Vet you could lob hand grenades in alot of sections and not hit anyone. In 2004 when the CBP opened I literally couldn't give away seats in section 125 (behind home plate). Why? Because the Phillies sucked and no one wanted to go. The Phillies get good and all the sudden the ballpark is filled over capacity. The Phillies didn't do so well this year and while the ballpark was filled because the seats were already sold, the TV ratings fell 29%. Why? Because for more than half the season the Phillies sucked. Sounds like a good number of front runners to me.

(10-06-2012, 10:12 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Not a stupid call.....know the rules before beefing about a perfectly good call. (I had no emotional stake in this game as I can stand either team and didn't watch any of the game)
I too think it was the right call. One of the players backed away from the ball so he wouldn't catch it.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I love it that PHILLY fans are criticizing fan behavior. Throwing ice at onto the field at the Cowboys-Eagles game, chucking batteries at JD Drew, booing Santa at the thanksgiving parade, the list goes on. Show a little brotherly love for misbehaving fans, fellas!
On a related note, I'm surprised Chipper didn't step out of the dugout to bring the nonsense to an end. There have been other instances where a team's captain came on the megaphone to settle everyone down. -I don't think he even needed to do that. Just stepping out of the dugout and waving his hands probably would've done the trick. Also, it was weird to see him not hustling on his last at bat, with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th. -Especially since the secondbaseman ended up committing an error to allow him to reach base (barely).
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(10-06-2012, 11:55 AM)uvaspina Wrote: I love it that PHILLY fans are criticizing fan behavior. Throwing ice at onto the field at the Cowboys-Eagles game, chucking batteries at JD Drew, booing Santa at the thanksgiving parade, the list goes on. Show a little brotherly love for misbehaving fans, fellas!
I criticize the idiots here and will criticize the idiots in Atlanta too. I hope you are not endorsing throwing things on the field last night. It should never happen period.