`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's your Championship prediction?
10-06-2012, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2012 09:18 PM by spazmatastic.)
What's your Championship prediction?
Who do you think will win the Cup this year? Here are the standings after Race #3 with Talladega on Sunday and Charlotte next Saturday night.
1 Brad Keselowski 2142 0
Two Votes for 2 Jimmie Johnson 2137 -5
One Vote for 3 Denny Hamlin 2126 -16
4 Clint Bowyer 2117 -25
5 Tony Stewart 2110 -32
One Vote for 6 Kasey Kahne 2110 -32
7 Dale Earnhardt Jr. 2103 -39
8 Martin Truex Jr. 2100 -42
9 Kevin Harvick 2096 -46
10 Jeff Gordon 2094 -48
11 Greg Biffle 2091 -51
12 Matt Kenseth 2070 -72

It looks like the last 5 guys are out for sure, unless they get 2 to 4 wins in the last 7 races and get LOTS of luck from failures by the front 7. I don't see that happening.
It mostly looks like a 3 car race to the Cup BUT 4, 5, & 6 still have a shot if they pull off a few wins.

MY Pick is JJ! How can I NOT pick him?! He has better career stats at most of the remaining tracks than the rest of the top 5. If the races don't come down to fuel-mileage or get rain-shortened, I think he has the advantage here. Plus, Brad and Denny have to know that JJ would still be the points leader if he didn't have to play fuel-saver last week and give up five spots. He finished 4th, but gave up spots to Kyle B. and Denny before they had to pit for fuel. If a caution flag had waved in the final 20-30 laps, JJ would have probably won that race.

ANYWAY.....

LMK who you think will win the Championship? I'd prefer to see everyones answers before the race starts on Sunday. We can always change this after every race.
I just want to know who you pick right now--before Talladega!!!

Always looking for: Ozzie Smith/Stan Musial/Lou Brock/STL Cardinals, NFL-CAR/GB/NE and NASCAR-Jimmie Johnson/Mark Martin
[Image: JJSolarSwatches.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2012, 05:58 AM
RE: What's your Championship prediction?
I got to pull for my Boy Denny I think this years is his best chance we will see But I think JJ will pull it off plus I get to go to the Kansas Race cant wait

Photobucket
10-06-2012, 06:28 AM
I hope that there is a wreck that takes out 1-9, as long as no one gets hurt, Gordon needs some help Smile.

Jerry

Collect: Don Mattingly & Thurman Munson (Baseball) Roger Staubach (Football) Mike Bossy (Hockey) Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, & Danica Patrick (Racing) Brian Stann, Miesha Tate, Ryan Bader, Gina Carano, Jason Miller, & Tim Kennedy (MMA) Bjorn Borg (Tennis) The Undertaker (Wrestling)
10-06-2012, 07:31 AM
I wanna say my dark horse is martin truex, but I'm thinking denny hamlin to win.

I ship trades out on mondays.
10-06-2012, 03:34 PM
6 Kasey Kahne 2110 -32 AFTER winning the pole and finally having professional equipment with hendricks and PROFESSIONAL teammates it his time to shine!

[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK
10-06-2012, 08:21 PM
(10-06-2012 03:34 PM)alstott9adams Wrote:  6 Kasey Kahne 2110 -32 AFTER winning the pole and finally having professional equipment with hendricks and PROFESSIONAL teammates it his time to shine!

I agree that he's having a great year. It's about time. I've always really liked Kahne and thought he had lots of potential. As soon as it was announced that he was coming to Hendrick, I immediately regretted trading that Kasey Autograph to you. Wink
He has done great in his 1st year w/ HMS. I think he'll do even better next year and have a much better chance at the Cup.

Always looking for: Ozzie Smith/Stan Musial/Lou Brock/STL Cardinals, NFL-CAR/GB/NE and NASCAR-Jimmie Johnson/Mark Martin
10-06-2012, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2012 09:25 PM by spazmatastic.)
(10-06-2012 06:28 AM)Echo7Bravo Wrote:  I hope that there is a wreck that takes out 1-9, as long as no one gets hurt, Gordon needs some help Smile.

Jerry

That doesn't actually count as a vote for a Champion. Smile
Who do you THINK will win it?
I would like to see JG move up a bunch, but not at the expense of all 3 of his teammates. They are all in the top 7, you know.

(10-06-2012 05:58 AM)roostersclassics11 Wrote:  I got to pull for my Boy Denny I think this years is his best chance we will see But I think JJ will pull it off plus I get to go to the Kansas Race cant wait

I hope you will share your Kansas experience with us! I wanna see some cool pics.

10-07-2012, 05:55 AM
[quote='spazmatastic' pid='2133585' dateline='1349580144']

I would like to see JG move up a bunch, but not at the expense of all 3 of his teammates. They are all in the top 7, you know.

I see that someone has no sense of humor (jk) Smile, it would just make it a lot more interesting if everyone in the chase had a bad race to make it more even. I would not even try to guess right now who would win because Talladega and Martinsville can make a lot of difference. Also, thank you for clarifying that Gordon's teammates are all in the top 7, the first post that shows the standings was a little too confusing or me to understand (sarcasm).

Jerry

Collect: Don Mattingly & Thurman Munson (Baseball) Roger Staubach (Football) Mike Bossy (Hockey) Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, & Danica Patrick (Racing) Brian Stann, Miesha Tate, Ryan Bader, Gina Carano, Jason Miller, & Tim Kennedy (MMA) Bjorn Borg (Tennis) The Undertaker (Wrestling)
10-07-2012, 08:46 AM
Well I picked Kahne before the season so I can't change now.
10-07-2012, 07:21 PM
(10-07-2012 05:55 AM)Echo7Bravo Wrote:  [quote='spazmatastic' pid='2133585' dateline='1349580144']

I see that someone has no sense of humor (jk) Smile, it would just make it a lot more interesting if everyone in the chase had a bad race to make it more even. I would not even try to guess right now who would win because Talladega and Martinsville can make a lot of difference. Also, thank you for clarifying that Gordon's teammates are all in the top 7, the first post that shows the standings was a little too confusing or me to understand (sarcasm).

Jerry

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I did find the original post funny, but I was trying to add in who all got voted for when I made that reply.
I couldn't really type in WRECK for all of the top 9, could I? I mean before todays race. Wink