`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
BGS Mailday W/Scans.

BGS Mailday W/Scans.
Just got these back from Beckett grading, OK grading on some. Still working on completing my 86-87 Fleer set. A mixture of Fleer, Birds, Garnetts and Jordan's and threw a few Kasey Kahnes in for good measure......

[Image: 3rdgraded.jpg]
[Image: 3rdgraded_0001.jpg]
[Image: 3rdgraded_0002.jpg]
[Image: 3rdgraded_0003.jpg]
[Image: 3rdgraded_0004.jpg]
[Image: 3rdgraded_0005.jpg]

Not bad until I got to these two. Very disappointing to get a 4, and they said the patch was "Questionable Authenticity" how do you fake a card like this? If it is fake then that really bothers me because I got it from a trader on here.

[Image: 3rdgraded_0006.jpg]
[Image: 3rdgraded_0007.jpg]

Thanks for looking.......
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

RE: BGS Mailday W/Scans.
ouch sorry about the 4 and especially the questionable authenticity. I had an '86 Star MJ come back questionable authenticity as well and I picked it up on here. Kinda disappointed about that so I feel ya there. Love some of those MJs though, and some awesome grades on those Fleers!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Thanks buck, yea I was very pleased with my grades on the fleer especially since they were rookies. Yea it's sad that someone on here would pass something along like that, but I will give the benefit of doubt and say hopefully they didn't know before trading. I sure like the looks of the card though. If I called Beckett do you think they could tell me why they thought it was questionable?
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

(10-05-2012, 10:32 PM)kevinr Wrote: Thanks buck, yea I was very pleased with my grades on the fleer especially since they were rookies. Yea it's sad that someone on here would pass something along like that, but I will give the benefit of doubt and say hopefully they didn't know before trading. I sure like the looks of the card though. If I called Beckett do you think they could tell me why they thought it was questionable?

Apparently a new trend in faking cards these days is putting better-looking-but-fake patches in actual cards. Since it said "patch" on the reasoning that'd be my best guess.

Certainly couldn't hurt to call though!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

how did that spx get a 3 on the surface? im glad the kg auto turned out with a good grade!!!! i thought becket doesnt grade patches, here is a clear example of a fake that beckett somehow graded, when the card doesnt even say patch on it? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-Jordan-1...5136338%26
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

Yea I was very pleased with that card when I got it from you and now even more now that it is graded, thanks. The spx has alot of scratches on the top that I didn't notice before I sent it off for grading, if I would have I wouldn't have sent that one in.

Man how did they let that one get by them and bust mine, lol. Seems like a lot of trouble to go through to fake something like that, does it raise the value of the card that much?

Wasn't there another MJ 1998-99 jersey card, that was on ebay a few months ago.. that had a fake patch? seems like more & more of those are showing up...

also, anybody remember when half logoman patches were first shown on cards? I don't think it was 1998... I thought logoman half patches was more recently... like last 5-6 years...

I questioned a lot of UD Artifacts cards, where there were two players on the card. one would show a jersey, while the other had a half logoman patch.. it doesn't look right, when one is a logoman, while the other is only a jersey..

no, back to the subject of this thread... I liked the cards you sent in. I would not of sent in that MJ hologram card, without looking very closely under bright LED light.. I have 3-4 of that card. The surface on all of them are very poor... I'd probably get a BGS 2-3 on mine..

a few other cards, I would of passed up too, only because of the low dollar value.. but it is the collector's preference. Your cards do look good!! for me, I can not afford to send cards to get graded, I'd rather buy more singles, since I am not buying boxes right now...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(10-06-2012, 05:16 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: Wasn't there another MJ 1998-99 jersey card, that was on ebay a few months ago.. that had a fake patch? seems like more & more of those are showing up...

also, anybody remember when half logoman patches were first shown on cards? I don't think it was 1998... I thought logoman half patches was more recently... like last 5-6 years...

I questioned a lot of UD Artifacts cards, where there were two players on the card. one would show a jersey, while the other had a half logoman patch.. it doesn't look right, when one is a logoman, while the other is only a jersey..

no, back to the subject of this thread... I liked the cards you sent in. I would not of sent in that MJ hologram card, without looking very closely under bright LED light.. I have 3-4 of that card. The surface on all of them are very poor... I'd probably get a BGS 2-3 on mine..

a few other cards, I would of passed up too, only because of the low dollar value.. but it is the collector's preference. Your cards do look good!! for me, I can not afford to send cards to get graded, I'd rather buy more singles, since I am not buying boxes right now...
Thanks Jpleazme, I knew a few of them weren't high end cards, especially the fleers, I have the whole set with the stickers so I want to get all of them graded. I missed the Jordan if I would have looked under my magnifying glass I would have noticed them. You can even see them in the scan now.
I won't be able to send anymore for a while since I have just got my dream car, a 67 mustang and I am in the process of restoring it right now.

That is odd about the patch card. My thoughts are though that if they are going to risk to replace one of the jersey pieces, wouldnt they have replaced them all?

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Ouch on that patch card. Hopefully you get it resolved with the member that traded it to you.