`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
My 2012 Carolina Panthers TTM Set 10-24-12

My 2012 Carolina Panthers TTM Set 10-24-12
Figured i'd start a thread since i've received my first two cards back.Kinda looks like 2010 Topps Magic since I liked the basic design on those cards Big Grin Armanti Edwards and Wisconsins finest Brad Nortman were the first two and it took less than two weeks!

[Image: ArmantiEdwards2012TTM.jpg]

[Image: BradNortman2012TTM.jpg]

[Image: JustinMedlock.jpg]

[Image: JordanSennTTM.jpg]

RE: My 2012 Carolina Panthers TTM Set
Nice work on the TTM auto successes. The cards do look very Magic-esque. Big Grin I like them alot. Hope to see a TON more. Smile
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

any luck on the Julio ??? Sad

Very cool man!! I love seeing guys who get them back this fast! Hope to see some more success soon.
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

(10-05-2012, 05:19 PM)pbean Wrote: any luck on the Julio ??? Sad
Nope Sad I'm having the same luck as Panini lol
And thanks guys! I've sent like 30 of the 52 so far. Some of these letters are hard because I want them to be unique lol

Good luck with Cam ... sent him a Score Hot Rookies card over a year ago and I'm still waiting. Guessing I won't see it again.

But awesome idea, I love the customs ... RJ

What size are you using for your customs? If they're the standard card size, do you have any special method of sizing them down? I actually broke down and bought a mini paper cutter to help keep my edges straight.

(10-05-2012, 07:21 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Good luck with Cam ... sent him a Score Hot Rookies card over a year ago and I'm still waiting. Guessing I won't see it again.

But awesome idea, I love the customs ... RJ
lol I gotta say Cams letter was me rambling. The second sentence said I know you wont ever read this lol
(10-05-2012, 07:26 PM)jplarson Wrote: What size are you using for your customs? If they're the standard card size, do you have any special method of sizing them down? I actually broke down and bought a mini paper cutter to help keep my edges straight.
They are regular card size. I'll try my best explaining what I did. I figured I could get 9 cards per page so I put 9 dummy cards on a page and scanned it. I then placed the images in those spots in photoshop and proportionalized them so they fit where they dummies were. Yea my cutting wasnt the best lol but I figured it didnt really matter since I wasnt sure if I'd get many back and its PC.

(10-05-2012, 07:41 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: lol I gotta say Cams letter was me rambling. The second sentence said I know you wont ever read this lol
Yeah, that's the frustrating part about TTMs ... like, you don't even know if they ever actually see it, or if some office intern just opens them, keeps the cards and throws all the letters away.

(More likely they just sit in a HUGE box somewhere) ...

And you know that if you saw the player in a mall or an IP signing they'd be totally cool with hooking you up with an auto.

Like, I see pictures of Cam signing at camp and the Pro Bowl and stuff like that all the time, and I know you got a helmet, but if you're like me and you're out here in California, then a TTM is the only way to go, other than hoping you hit the card lottery and pull one from a pack or plunk down huge cash to buy one online.

Then it shows up with dinged corners because some j--k-ss shredded it when jamming it into a penny sleeve.

I really like what some of the MLB teams have been doing — Autographs for a Cause — basically, you send in a card to whichever players are participating, plus like $10 or $20 depending on the player, and they sign your specific card.

I did that with Miguel Cabrera and the Tigers last year — even requested he use a blue Sharpie on my 2010 Bowman Chrome card — and the signature is awesome, really pops off the card.

You wait like 6-8 weeks, but you know it's coming, and the team sends a COA with it.

Miggy was up to $40 this year, I'm assuming it'll go up again next year because of the Triple Crown LOL ...
And I forgot to add ... I sent Jimmy Clausen a HIT card back in 2010, and I literally got it back, signed and personalized, in a week!

I was STUNNED when I got it — easily the quickest TTM turnaround I've ever had.

Even the ones that you get rejected on with a form letter usually take 2 or 3 weeks to get back ... LOL

I mean, when you factor in shipping time from Cali to NC and back, he literally had to read the letter, sign the card and mail it back out the same day it was delivered.

Crazy! — and that was even during his rookie training camp when it looked like he might be the starter ... so you would have guessed he'd have more important things to do ... LOL

So, unless things have changed since then, he's probably one Panthers QB you can count on getting back ... LOL

Awesome successes! Those cards look great!!
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1