`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Selling question....

Selling question....
I am contemplating selling my 2012 topps RGIII 1984 rookie graded 9 w/10 auto pop of 1 . I got an offer for $750 and was wondering would you guys hold off for a larger amount or let it go for that price? feedback appreciated!

RE: Selling question....
Who is it? And regardless I would let it go at that price lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

oops lol RGIII

I would - But I never trust rookies their rookie year. Its a pop 1 now but nothing to say it wont be a pop 5 later. Plus In 3 or 4 years you can probably get it back for half - whereas it wont reach the same value for another 5-7 years if he continues to be good. Onyl way it goes up past this year is if he wins the superbowl this year or the next 2 years in a row. No rookie matches rookie year hype until a good 4-7 years of a good solid career. I've pulled 2 Luck autos so far this year and both werent in my hands no longer than a day before they were traded for MAnning autos lol All of this is of course just my opinion Smile
Manning PC

(10-03-2012, 12:56 PM)branesergen Wrote: I would - But I never trust rookies their rookie year. Its a pop 1 now but nothing to say it wont be a pop 5 later. Plus In 3 or 4 years you can probably get it back for half - whereas it wont reach the same value for another 5-7 years if he continues to be good. Onyl way it goes up past this year is if he wins the superbowl this year or the next 2 years in a row. No rookie matches rookie year hype until a good 4-7 years of a good solid career. I've pulled 2 Luck autos so far this year and both werent in my hands no longer than a day before they were traded for MAnning autos lol All of this is of course just my opinion Smile

I think youre spot on for most players....however gronks cards were cheap for his rookie season and half of his 2nd season...but ever since he set records his cards have been at all time high.....they will probably never be more then what they were during that time and that was within 2 seasons. So if RG3 sets some records next year id say his card would be worth even more then this year...he wont have to win the Super Bowl. For the most part you are right though....you will get the most for a card right after the card releases. I would sell the card but i think you can get more then $750 for it
http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee488/wingah/

Rob Gronkowski RC collection 34/36 Any help is appreciated!

[Image: GronkBanner2.jpg]
Thanks to jkiddlridnour for making the banner! Smile

True but you're talking an unpopular player. Peoples eyes were opened up (ala Jeremy Lin) RG3 is a popular, highly chased player that even if he broke records his value wouldnt double like an unpopular players does. Demand is what drives the price up. RG3 is already in demand - Gronk wasnt at the time.
Manning PC

Sell High buy low that's the method to the madness.

Look RGIII is a great kid but he's not taking this team to the playoffs this year and probably not even next year. You might could hold on and wait for his next huge game and then ask maybe $800 and see if someone bites just because they are still high on that game but honestly $750 is a very fair offer IMO for that card.
Also i've never heard the term POP before what does it stand for ?

Population - means there is only 1 with that grade - if another grades out at a 9 it will be a POP 2. Refers to the Beckett Graded Population Report.
Manning PC

And if one grades 9.5?

Sell, Mortimore, sell!
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

I agree if you're not going to keep if for your PC, sell now. I think even if you could get $1000 down the road you won't regret the $750 now. It's the cards that you sold for $15 that later blew up to $1000 that you regret for the rest of your life, but even that rarely happens...
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)