`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do not buy Leaf cut boxes from Wal Mart

RE: Do not buy Leaf cut boxes from Wal Mart
I got Willie MontaƱez. Wasn't familiar with the name, looked him up, and he seems like a cool guy.

Sidenote: does it annoy anyone else that we're getting cut sigs of people still alive and capable of signing stuff directly?
[Image: IsX9y.png]

hahaha yes - I wouldn't mind paying the $30 so much if I got other cards but you only get one card and Ive seen some real bad dudes signing on this checklist

(10-02-2012, 01:59 AM)mobster Wrote: Sidenote: does it annoy anyone else that we're getting cut sigs of people still alive and capable of signing stuff directly?
Leaf probably bought some huge collections of autos for cheaper than paying the players to sign. Or maybe some of them they did just pay the players to sign index cards and then "cut" them...
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

(10-02-2012, 01:04 AM)chrisjoy Wrote: I agree, I am a Pete Rose fan and I've been waiting for his autograph for a while. I'm trying to get an autograph for every player on the 1975 and 1976 big red machine team, all I need is Tony Perez, Johnny Bench and Dan Driessen.
I have never specifically been looking for a Rose auto, but I got his book as a birthday gift a few years back and have always been intrigued by him.

Then, when I saw the Leaf blasters, I was like, are you serious? $30 for a Rose auto? I was still skeptical even as I opened the box LOL ... but there it was, in its own top loader and penny sleeve ...

(10-02-2012, 12:46 PM)natejeffries Wrote: hahaha yes - I wouldn't mind paying the $30 so much if I got other cards but you only get one card and Ive seen some real bad dudes signing on this checklist
Well think of it this way- the boxes are selling for $30. The set includes Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig, Knute Rockne, etc. How much do you suppose those cost them to acquire? Now.... think of how many they have to acquire that are worth less than $30 to make it a profitable venture.

In other words: the bigger the potential hit, the bigger the chance you will get a dud of a box. With this product, seems like you are either going to get a dud (99%) or the pull of your life (1%).