`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweet Topps Chrome Blaster Hot Box! UPDATED WITH SCANS!

Sweet Topps Chrome Blaster Hot Box! UPDATED WITH SCANS!
So I grabbed a blaster of Platinum football and a blaster of Topps Chrome baseball from my LT a few minutes ago.

I opened the Platinum FB first, and it was craptastic — the Trent Richardson base RC was by far the best card.

Anyway, on to the Chrome baseball.

Yep, it was one of those "hot boxes" with all purple refractors.

The first four packs I pulled Adron Chambers, Matt Adams, Xavier Avery, Drew Pomeranz and Brett Pill, so I figured that was probably it for RCs.

Sixth pack ... Yoenis Cespedes purple refractor RC! I'm an A's fan so that was a sweet pull.

Then, last pack, I noticed there was a regular X-fractor ... Bryce Harper!

Pretty sweet for a blaster ... maybe they'll hook up in the World Series!

Here they are ...

[Image: HarperCespedes.jpg]

I know the Harper is off-centered, but man was I stoked to pull it. There are only 1-2 X-fractors per blaster, and there are 220 cards in the set, so the odds of pulling this card were like 1:110 to 1:220 blasters. Crazy!

RE: Sweet Topps Chrome Blaster Hot Box! UPDATED WITH SCANS!
Found some one-touches so I could scan these in, LOL ... see above. Thanks! RJ

sweet blaster!
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

(09-28-2012, 09:30 PM)homerjg007 Wrote: sweet blaster!
Thanks ... they are literally the two cards I really wanted, especially after I realized it was a hot box.

As soon as I pulled the Cespedes in the sixth pack, I was happy with it, but I remember thinking, 'well, there's no way they'd put Bryce in this last pack.'

But they did. Pretty sweet.

Every time I see a hot box post it makes me want to run out and grab a blaster to see if I can land a second one. My best (and only) good card from mine was a Trout refractor. Nice hits on those 2 you scanned in.
Kepler

(09-28-2012, 10:27 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Every time I see a hot box post it makes me want to run out and grab a blaster to see if I can land a second one. My best (and only) good card from mine was a Trout refractor. Nice hits on those 2 you scanned in.
This was my second one, and was WAY better than the first ... I got Lawrie and Montero purples in the first one, but that was it for highlights.

I have to admit, after pulling the Harper in the seventh and final regular pack, I still had not busted the actual guaranteed purple refractor pack and was hoping for the "trifecta" with a Trout ... LOL ... but it didn't happen. Definitely not complaining though!

AMAZING blaster
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(10-01-2012, 09:02 PM)alstott9adams Wrote: AMAZING blaster
Thank you, I was pretty happy with it. Especially if you do the math on pulling any type of refractors of both of those guys in the same box ... even base cards of both would be tough to do with 4 Chrome cards per pack.