`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need some opinions, card show haul....
09-30-2012, 01:14 PM
Need some opinions, card show haul....
So I had a rough week at work logging almost 70 hours and since i'm salaried I don't get any kind of compensation for the extra hours, I ended up sleeping almost all day yesterday. I woke up really early this morning and was looking on some local websites and saw a little ad for a card show real close to home so I figured I would go out grab a cup of coffee and head over right when it opens to see if there was anything good.

After walking through about half of the show and bumping into a couple of acquaintances I came across a table that had a ton of 2012 Topps Chrome on it, kinda scattered without any method of the maddness so I started picking up piles and looking through trying to find refractors that I needed for a couple of rainbows I am attempting. The guy that owned the table came over as I was sorting through a pile of xfractors and asked me if I was putting the set together, I told him no, just the base set and a couple rainbows. He said he would cut me a hell of a deal on all of the xfractors if I would buy them all. I said I would think about it. Just then I noticed a card that looked a little different than the rest of the xfractors, I turned it over and this is what I saw-
[Image: IMG_0004-18.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0003-19.jpg]

I couldn't believe that was sitting in a pile of penny sleeved "commons"! So I put it on top of the pile and asked the guy how much. He picked them up, made a quick sort through them counting them up(41 total) and says "How does 14 bucks sound? And if you make it an even 22 I'll throw in these 11 blues and 3 blacks."

[Image: IMG-24.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0001-27.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0002-25.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0005-17.jpg]

I gave him a minute to see if he would notice the Atomic Goldschmidt and then excepted his offer, paid up and excitedly went on my way!

Does this make me a little bit of an A-hole not telling the guy that he was overlooking something? I couldn't help but feel a little bad but at the same time I feel you should know what you are selling beforehand.

I kinda wish I hadnt just traded away the red Goldschmidt earlier this week because I would have a great start at a nice rainbow right now lol.

I also was able to pick up 3 more Archives autos, a couple GQ black minis and a couple red refractors. Here are all of this years reds that I have acquired through trade, ebay, and the show.

[Image: IMG_0006-13.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0009-8.jpg]

[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2012, 01:26 PM
RE: Need some opinions, card show haul....
Nice haul and I wouldn't feel a bit bad about the deal. He's the dealer and should know the values. Wish I could be that lucky!

It does no good to get on the right track if you are headed in the wrong directi
on.
[Image: st_louis_cardinals_towel-1.jpg]
09-30-2012, 02:16 PM
Card shows are the best for surprise deals like that. It's happened to me many times. Don't feel guilty. Feel really lucky.

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

[Image: ZeprockSig3.jpg]

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html
09-30-2012, 02:32 PM
You dont have to feel bad about it,things like that happens all the time.A few months ago i bought 4 boxes of 2012 Heritage on Ebay and the guy sent me 8 boxes...i didnt know what to do but my girlfriend said i should keep it because i spent a lot of money in baseball cards and its time to see a little return on it.