(Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Enhancement: API for Beckett Information
09-29-2012, 04:59 PM
Enhancement: API for Beckett Information
Beckett Guys,

I sat down a couple days ago to try and enter my entire card collection into Org... that amounts to some 50k cards... Figuring i'd spend a decent amount of time on this, i was not prepared for just how much time that really meant... in short...

The Org UI sucks... it's slow, not intuitive, not easy, and overall just not very friendly for large quantities of cards (for onesy-twosy stuff it's actually pretty decent)...

Anyway, by trade i am a software writer/designer... while i have no real desire to quit my job and go work for beckett's programming department (though that would be pretty sweet)... i would like to propose an idea that would lead to my having the ability to write a better UI in the longer run.

An API... simple enough...

I understand this is where Beckett makes money, but you can continue to do so... simply charge user's for their API keys, and based on such keys they would have access to various information.

Yearly Org Subscription = Org API of all cards/etc... provides access to all the info that draws the pages which are available at this level.

Pricing Subscriptions = Access to pricing data via API...

And so on...

This would allow me to write desktop software (and others in the community) which could tailor the information to the way i want it)... heck, it could even SAVE beckett money by allowing the community to write the site for you basically...

There are a TON of web based services that are going this route... Beckett owns the info, but the access to it should be something which a user can determine how they want to proceed.

Anyway, please consider this idea as it would make my life a HECK of a lot easier....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 09:22 AM
RE: Enhancement: API for Beckett Information
This x 1000.

Chances are right down there next to zero, but it would be awesome.

[Image: foster_2_3.jpg]
(Thanks to phinzphan1372 for sig!)

Always looking for Arian Foster, Josh Hamilton, and Walter Payton
Click HERE to see my bucket!
01-26-2014, 05:34 PM
RE: Enhancement: API for Beckett Information
bump... make it happen beckett guys!