`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Card Packaging Etiquette

RE: Card Packaging Etiquette
I will reuse top loaders that were sent to me for lower end cards but I never use tape. Team bags are cheap and can be bought in bulk. All mid to higher end stuff gets sent out as if I were putting it into my pc. I also use used top loaders for added protection. I've learned alot from how I receive trades from others. I've had a few trades show up with damage from others and I won't repeat their mistakes. I ship out as if I were sending to myself.

(09-30-2012, 08:18 AM)tntmclmm Wrote: I've had a few trades show up with damage from others and I won't repeat their mistakes. I ship out as if I were sending to myself.
Thanks for the input guys. The painters tape and cardboard is a good idea. I will use it for now on.

Another idea is to put a post-it folded over the top of the toploader and then tape that down, always with the flap folded over on the end of the tape.

My best advice would be to package the cards you send out the way you would like your cards packaged when they arrive.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Any advice on sending large lots of cards? I just sent 88 cards in a big trade and I used the hard plastic 50 card holders and was just informed that when the package was received only 30 of the cards were good, the rest were damaged. Kind of boggles my mind because they were shipped tight and very secure.

For singles I always use penny sleeves, top loaders, team bags, and bubble mailers. I try not to use tape unless absolutely necessary because I can't stand taped top loaders lol.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(09-30-2012, 04:17 PM)Haze28 Wrote: Any advice on sending large lots of cards? I just sent 88 cards in a big trade and I used the hard plastic 50 card holders and was just informed that when the package was received only 30 of the cards were good, the rest were damaged. Kind of boggles my mind because they were shipped tight and very secure.

For singles I always use penny sleeves, top loaders, team bags, and bubble mailers. I try not to use tape unless absolutely necessary because I can't stand taped top loaders lol.

For large trades like that, sometimes I'll go ahead and get a 100-ct. box from my LCS. Other times, if I elect to use a holder like the one you did, if there's any space for them to move around, I'll put some folded up bubble wrap or a styrofoam peanut, just something to keep them from sliding around. Those big trades can be tricky! Hopefully the other person understood.

(09-30-2012, 04:17 PM)Haze28 Wrote: Any advice on sending large lots of cards? I just sent 88 cards in a big trade and I used the hard plastic 50 card holders and was just informed that when the package was received only 30 of the cards were good, the rest were damaged. Kind of boggles my mind because they were shipped tight and very secure.

Large amount of common cards in trade: I use a plastic case to hold the cards, different sizes for different # of cards, making sure there is room at top for packing. I place a penny sleeve on bottom and then the cards and a penny sleeve of top and then styrofoam peanut, shut case and shake to make sure it can not move..if I hear cards move, more packing. Then I tape the plastic case with a folded top of tape for easy removal and then place the invoice around the plastic and into a bubble envelope. Have has good result in many, many trades..

It sounds to me like no one on here is happy no matter people do. I use a penny sleeve, top loader, then I tape the top loader, put it in a team bag then the #000 bubble mailer. I have gotten cards from some sellers/traders that were taped between 2 pieces of cardboard. Some people just don't know any better I guess.

(10-01-2012, 10:19 AM)norcalcollectibles Wrote: It sounds to me like no one on here is happy no matter people do.
Is the "Norm" nowadays just being happy to receive your trade in a PWE?
The thread is to show new members and remind older members that there are better ways to package out trades.
For instance: The blue painters tape used to seal top loaders or to secure multiple cards together instead of Scotch Tape/ Packing Tape is a good idea since it does not leave residue and easily removes.

JUDA!!!! I used everything but the tape. With a team bag, I don't see the use for tape.

Thx for the tip guys...i will no longer use tape on top loaders,ive just received cards and 2 off them were stick to the tape.I think if we use the proper top loader for the card,it will not move.