Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
What would you do?
09-29-2012, 07:02 AM
What would you do?
I found a Weatherspoon I need for the PC on this site and the card is only worth $0.15. So for the persons time I offered $5 delivered. It would seem this was too much of a hassle for him to do it for me.

If you had a cheap card that someone was willing to pay premium for just to help them fill their PC would you do that for them? I know I would.

[Image: spoonmash2_zps0f4b294f.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2012, 08:49 AM
RE: What would you do?
If it was .15 id just pwe it to ya.

Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 153/166 92.2%
1/1's: 14/33 42.4%
Jersey #'d - 41
09-29-2012, 08:54 AM
(09-29-2012 08:49 AM)crimedawg47 Wrote:  If it was .15 id just pwe it to ya.

I'd be happy with that!! Frustrating cause its a European version of s 92/93 UD card that is hard to come by in Australia

09-30-2012, 10:52 AM
it sounds like a fair deal, but if it cost around 2.50 for shipping, packaging, and the seller doesnt live close to a post office, it could cost them several dollars in gas to go to and from the post office. if the seller makes a $1 of the sell, that would be fine imo, but it would not be right if they actually were losing money on the sell.

[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]
09-30-2012, 03:04 PM
pwe. itll come back to you ten fold.

[Image: f0oyns.jpg]
09-30-2012, 04:26 PM
(09-29-2012 07:02 AM)awoj Wrote:  If you had a cheap card that someone was willing to pay premium for just to help them fill their PC would you do that for them? I know I would.

It would be in the mail as soon as the person asked for it.

JonathanI

I collect all things Duncan Keith plus other Chicago athletes in their respective Halls of Fame - in addition to several authors and personal favorites from past and present Chicago rosters. The other 37,000 cards in my collection I will happily trade to you.
09-30-2012, 04:37 PM
Same here...but I would not PWE...I would still ship like all other cards...penny sleeve/top loader/ and bubble wrap...the persons I have sent free cards for PC know this...I even do DC# just to make sure they get it...Will usually do this when its 2.00 or less on cards...what would be the point in sending someone a pc item if it will be damaged in PWE? Just does not make any sense...LOL!!! Just my opinion.

http://s1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff451/Arod0770/
09-30-2012, 07:04 PM
awoj, let me know which weatherspoon it is - i may have it amongst my doubles. If I do lmk know your addy via pm and I'll send it to you - I'm in australia too.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.
09-30-2012, 10:21 PM
(09-30-2012 07:04 PM)taffster74 Wrote:  awoj, let me know which weatherspoon it is - i may have it amongst my doubles. If I do lmk know your addy via pm and I'll send it to you - I'm in australia too.

PM sent, thanks for checking mate Smile

Thanks for everyones responses so far. I dont expect anyone to lose money on a sale, but when you are still making something (even if it is only $1) to help someone fill their main PC player, it should give you some satisfaction.

I am sure when/if this person that doesnt seem to want to sell me the card was ever in my position they would hope the seller would do it for them.

10-01-2012, 11:57 AM
LMK what card(s) you search for. I do a TON of European/Int'l issues.
Although bv is really low on these "common" type players/cards, good luck in trying to find them! I know...with Hornacek and Eaton in my Player Collection. Unless big names/stars, my pricing has always been $1/card...sometimes less with multiple purchases.
Current shipping of bubble envelope from US overseas is $1.75 (large envelope rate, no customs).
If I have doubles, you could chance a PWE...but up to you!

Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (2500+ auctions)
Photobucket http://s424.photobucket.com/user/odditycards/library