`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
I think i bought a fake auto :(

RE: I think i bought a fake auto :(
It should say something about "the signature is guaranteed by Panini America" in small black lettering somewhere on the back, right?

If it does, you're good, obviously.

Ok, so you think it is fake... How are you going to prove it, and to whom are you going to show that proof? The back of the card says he signed that card. I don't see how you are going to get your money back from the seller, and I believe Panini will just laugh.

I think you are stuck with it, so you either live with YOUR belief that it is fake, OR... you listen to everyone here and believe it IS his signature, but just a crappy one on this card.

On a side note... Why do you consistently do this in all your posts? You ask for our opinions, then poo-poo our opinions and keep restating yours. I gave you an opinion in a different thread you started, but you totally disregarded what I said, and actually argued with me about my opinion. You are doing it here with everyone who has posted. Someone makes a comment, you immediately post a differing opinion. I understand you might not agree with some opinions, but jeez... let people try and help without you constantly shooting down their efforts. Sorry for the rant, but it has bothered me for a long time. The members here know what they are talking about, but you refuse their help, even after asking for it. I won't be helping you again.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(09-28-2012, 06:57 PM)all day baby Wrote: Ok, so you think it is fake... How are you going to prove it, and to whom are you going to show that proof? The back of the card says he signed that card. I don't see how you are going to get your money back from the seller, and I believe Panini will just laugh.

I think you are stuck with it, so you either live with YOUR belief that it is fake, OR... you listen to everyone here and believe it IS his signature, but just a crappy one on this card.

On a side note... Why do you consistently do this in all your posts? You ask for our opinions, then poo-poo our opinions and keep restating yours. I gave you an opinion in a different thread you started, but you totally disregarded what I said, and actually argued with me about my opinion. You are doing it here with everyone who has posted. Someone makes a comment, you immediately post a differing opinion. I understand you might not agree with some opinions, but jeez... let people try and help without you constantly shooting down their efforts. Sorry for the rant, but it has bothered me for a long time. The members here know what they are talking about, but you refuse their help, even after asking for it. I won't be helping you again.
Sorry bud...coulda brought this to my attention via PM...some people like to make a scene though. Anyhow was just looking for more evidence besides the obvious idea that he signed a lot of cards.....i know he signed a ton of cards however most logical thinking would say that this would have happened on more then one card if it was due to fatigue. Also i have no intentions on trying to get my money back or contacting panini...i believe that if this is indeed a fake....then its my own fault for buying it and will probably have no way of ever proving it. I posted this thread so others could see the card and if they have seen another like it let me know. Also if they think there is another reason for it looking so different. If someone has an opinion and i dont agree with it and then state it....there is no need to take it personally it doesnt bother me in the least that someone thinks the card is legit and it doesnt upset me at all that they feel differently then me. I can have a conversation and dispute my opinion without getting butt hurt about it. Unfortunately it doesnt sound like you can have a discussion in which someone disagrees with you and not get upset about it. If that is the case then please feel free to not post in my threads. It will not hurt my feelings. Also next time you have a problem with me try and have a little decency and PM me about it rather then making a scene on the boards....i would do the same.

Also you say that i should listen to "everyone" here that thinks it is his auto....last i checked just as many people said it seemed fishy as said it was legit.
http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee488/wingah/

Rob Gronkowski RC collection 34/36 Any help is appreciated!

[Image: GronkBanner2.jpg]
Thanks to jkiddlridnour for making the banner! Smile

Here is another one:

[Image: CD579581.jpg]
Check me out! Updating all the time. Working my ORG daily! Have lots to trade.

Collect Patriots, Texans, Bruins, Texas A&M, UCONN and current project 2011 Certified FOTG /250 set 2011 Playoff Contenders Set

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/Mercier2002/

Looks like Gronk got a little tipsy signing.

Like everyone said, if the back has the COA from Panini then you are good. I have some suh's that look wierd, but have the COA on the back of the card.
[Image: 38lDS2Y.png]
Registry http://registry.beckett.com/player-detai...pc_2286189
PC http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/se.../Suh%20PC/
RC - 35/37
Auto - 83/341
1/1- 11
**Banner made by jbel4331**

If it would help, buy another total scrub auto from the same set, and that way you can compare the texture, surface, weight, etc., of both cards side by side ...

It would be pretty difficult to fake both the auto and the card.

I think you're good, I really do ... he's got the kind of loopy sig that's bound to wiggle a little bit from time to time.

Who knows, maybe it's one of the last ones he signed from that particular set, and maybe there was a whole bunch of stacks of more cards to sign, so he just buzzed through the last few or something.

If it's got the COA from Panini on the back, I actually think your card is pretty sweet because it's unique.

I was looking at a hockey thread not too long ago where a guy collects Penguins IP autos, and he happened to get Crosby at a hotel ... the auto looked NOTHING like his normal sig, but the guy was stoked because he finally got the big one.

I'm just saying, who knows what these guys are doing/talking to/looking at while they're signing thousands of these things at a time.

I've got a crazy idea ... I pulled a Gronk auto from a Press Pass SE blister at Walmart a couple of years ago (one of those one auto per pack, one pack per blister things for like 9.99) ...

If you really don't want the card — AND it has the Panini COA on the back — I'll trade you mine for it.

If you're interested, PM me and I'll pull it this weekend ... RJ

Gronk have hard time holding tiny pen.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

I think it is Fine...

You ever watch the videos of players signing cards? Sometimes they put all of the cards on one table and they just sign and sign and sign... I guess it depends on the player, But I would assume most of the rush it and you are bound to get some messy autos.

Check out some of the youtube videos from Panini...
[Image: Star.gif]

Im not super worried about it...like someone else said if anything it is unique i guess. If i had spent a ton on it i would be more worried.....just thought it was a really odd signature for him never seen one like it. Wanted to show it to you all.
http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee488/wingah/

Rob Gronkowski RC collection 34/36 Any help is appreciated!

[Image: GronkBanner2.jpg]
Thanks to jkiddlridnour for making the banner! Smile