`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why no response?

Why no response?
I'm getting tired of trying to make trades. I recently took 3 hours to put some cards in my org to facilitate a trade that someone requested. I offered the cards, but no response after 5 days. What gives? Anyone else having problems with traders that don't respond?

RE: Why no response?
(09-27-2012, 04:37 PM)mrbill3 Wrote: I'm getting tired of trying to make trades. I recently took 3 hours to put some cards in my org to facilitate a trade that someone requested. I offered the cards, but no response after 5 days. What gives? Anyone else having problems with traders that don't respond?
YES!!!!! I absolutely hate that. I have sent offers and they just sit even though they have been online and posting and sometimes even making other trade threads.

What's worse is if I have started threads and people ask me to check them for something. I send an offer and it sits ... and sits ... and sits ... and ... nothing. I used to cancel after 4 days, although here recently I have been canceling after 2 days. If you don't have the respect or courteousness to give me some type of response within 2 days, you're probably not going to be worth dealing with. I have a little personal list of people who do this.

Unless they have something I just absolutely can't find elsewhere or can't do without, I will not trade with them.

Uh, I really hate this part of this site. People are too inconsiderate to respond or even let you know that they will get back to you. If you are not interested, let me know! That way I can cancel and move on.

Man I hate this. Sorry about the rant/vent.

I'm not coming to anyone's defense - I also think it's rude to let trades sit for long lengths of time. But, I think that since you have to make a specific effort to check on your trades here, it doesn't encourage users to keep up on it. I'd support a change here that made you check your trades page everytime you logged in. Smile

Granted, all anyone has to do is click on the box in the toolbar - I guess that's too much to ask of some people. Personally, I'm a big fan of treating others the way I want them to treat me, so I always respond, even if I have to cancel or let them know that I'm going to be away from the site for a while.

It'd be nice if there was a notification bar (think Facebook or Twitter) on here - something to let you know you have messages or trade offers/responses. Sometimes I just don't remember to check when I log in.
Kepler

(09-27-2012, 05:20 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: It'd be nice if there was a notification bar (think Facebook or Twitter) on here - something to let you know you have messages or trade offers/responses. Sometimes I just don't remember to check when I log in.
You can sign up to receive notifications via e-mail. Go to my account and click on notification options. Beckett will let you know when you have an offer or subsequent correspondence. Hope this helps.

I do have the notifications turned on, I just don't always get the notification emails.
Kepler

I recently saw a post by a guy who wanted a specific team's cards, so I replied back and let him know specifically (year, set, player's name, etc.) what I had ... he said he wanted to see some scans, so I went to the trouble of driving home on my lunch break, scanning them in and sending them to him a couple of hours later.

Out of the 15 or so cards I listed and scanned, he wanted me to basically give away a grand total of two of them.

They are all mint, so it had nothing to do with condition ... just a huge waste of my time.

Why not just ask for scans of the two cards?

Lame.