`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
new and need questions answered

new and need questions answered
i am relatively new and get stuck on a few things any help is useful thank you all who reply in advance
first question how do you tell a card is retail or regular special entering in data base card search come across these two options
second question how do you tell one refractor from another seems simple but gold is gold blue is blue get the colors but if card just says refractor is that a regular refractor or what atomic and such does it say that on card i may be over confusing myself here but just looking to learn not enter wrong cards to data
third question topps co signers 2007 have trent edwards paul posluszny paul is on back card number 98 serial numbered 43/50 not sure what im asking here front is gold reflective back has pauls defensive record cant match card in data base
thanks for any help might seem stupid but as i said just looking to learn any resource info recommended would be great as well
nyjetsgojets

RE: new and need questions answered
The "refractor" on the back is there on any type of refractor, I believe. Whether it be gold, red, blue, or whatever. Same goes for "xfractor" and "atomic."
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

The co-signers is the Posluzsny, and if numbered to 50 should be the hologold red version.
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

(10-05-2012, 03:44 PM)nyjetsgojets Wrote: i am relatively new and get stuck on a few things any help is useful thank you all who reply in advance
first question how do you tell a card is retail or regular special entering in data base card search come across these two options
second question how do you tell one refractor from another seems simple but gold is gold blue is blue get the colors but if card just says refractor is that a regular refractor or what atomic and such does it say that on card i may be over confusing myself here but just looking to learn not enter wrong cards to data
third question topps co signers 2007 have trent edwards paul posluszny paul is on back card number 98 serial numbered 43/50 not sure what im asking here front is gold reflective back has pauls defensive record cant match card in data base
thanks for any help might seem stupid but as i said just looking to learn any resource info recommended would be great as well
nyjetsgojets
Well I will try my best

1.Well the first step would be determining where you obtained the card if you pack pulled it. If you pack pulled it from a card shop or online store then its more than likely a regular card in the database. Retail are cards pulled from retail packs, which are at Walmart, Target and a few other stores like those. Most of the time the retail version is not foiled cards while the regular version has foil(Shiny verses a non glossed type of card)
Sometimes the color or border on the card can help to determine what the type of card it is as the organizer is very descriptive.

2.Refractors are relegated to products like Topps Chrome, Platinum and Finest. Most of the time Topps will designate it a refractor on the back under the card number, sometimes they will not and you just have to tell based on a shine compared to the normal cards lol(i'm sure theres better wording for that phrase)

3. This is the specific card you are looking for
http://www.beckett.com/football/2007/top...ds-6208201