`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miguel Cabrera Triple Crown

RE: Miguel Cabrera Triple Crown
Not a huge fan of Miguel Cabrera but he has done a major accomplishment and I recognize greatness when I see it. My favorite player growing up was Carl Yastrzemski, no longer the last player to win the triple crown.

Congratulations Miguel Cabrera for accomplishing something we may or may never see again in our lifetime.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(10-04-2012, 09:25 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: What?

I wrote the 2nd sentence. Did you not READ my statement? I'll make my statement again. I was pointing out the he wrote "quit", but he meant to write "quite".
To me the way you wrote it. It did not seem like you was correcting him.

Congrats to Cabrera. Not a big fan of his ever since his DUI's, but that makes it more amazing, because everyone was writing him off because of that before this season. Not sure if this will happen again in our lifetimes, so we have to savor it no matter who did it.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

It's funny how so many people bag on him for his off the field mistakes. I had no Idea that there were so many perfect people in this world.

(10-04-2012, 10:46 PM)tntmclmm Wrote: It's funny how so many people bag on him for his off the field mistakes. I had no Idea that there were so many perfect people in this world.
True, but he's far from perfect. Multiple DWI charges, battery charges....
Super-Collector of Bernie Williams

Photobucket

(10-04-2012, 12:09 AM)rossmaute Wrote: And as others have mentioned, the Angels have the best record in the league since he was called up.
This is why Trout is your MVP hands down. And considering Trout makes 1/40th of Cabrera's salary how can he not be most valuable.

If Cabrera didn't play in Comerica Park he would have had over 50 HR and over 150 RBI and we wouldn't be having this conversation. The fact that he played 81 games in Comerica makes what he did even more spectacular.

(10-06-2012, 01:21 AM)Vols-1 Wrote: This is why Trout is your MVP hands down. And considering Trout makes 1/40th of Cabrera's salary how can he not be most valuable.
I appreciate your point, but the MVP criteria doesn't include a player's salary. It would be pretty lame if the voters started deciding the MVP in terms of a player's monetary value. While were at it, let's take ticket/jersey sales into consideration, tv/radio ratings, endorsement deals, and other revenue a player generates. Certainly these items add to a player's "value" to a team. But, rightly so, the award is based on a player's performance, character, effort, etc. Likewise, you could argue that an undrafted 5th year pitcher you claimed off waivers, who gives you 14 wins with a 3.5 ERA and makes the MLB minimum is more "valuable" than any of the players in the running. You could make a case that Brandon Inge is the MVP since the Tigers ate virtually his entire salary and he basically gave the A's 10 "free" home runs and 50 "free" RBI. (Obviously, that's a crazy example)

Here's what the ballot directions say:

Dear Voter:

There is no clear-cut definition of what Most Valuable means. It is up to the individual voter to decide who was the Most Valuable Player in each league to his team. The MVP need not come from a division winner or other playoff qualifier.

The rules of the voting remain the same as they were written on the first ballot in 1931:

1. Actual value of a player to his team, that is, strength of offense and defense.

2. Number of games played.

3. General character, disposition, loyalty and effort.

4. Former winners are eligible.

5. Members of the committee may vote for more than one member of a team.

You are also urged to give serious consideration to all your selections, from 1 to 10. A 10th-place vote can influence the outcome of an election. You must fill in all 10 places on your ballot. Only regular-season performances are to be taken into consideration.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*