`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miguel Cabrera Triple Crown

Miguel Cabrera Triple Crown
I'm not a fan of the Tigers or Miguel but I would like to see Miggy take the Triple Crown. I find this feat so fascinating and extremely rare. This is the closest I have ever seen any one get to this coveted title.
[Image: Icons-sig-2-1.gif]

RE: Miguel Cabrera Triple Crown
The Hr's are going to be the tough one for him. His last few games have made his Ba slip a bit so hopfully he finishes these last few games strong and at least gets the Mvp.

(09-27-2012, 08:37 AM)akbobcat Wrote: I'm not a fan of the Tigers or Miguel but I would like to see Miggy take the Triple Crown. I find this feat so fascinating and extremely rare. This is the closest I have ever seen any one get to this coveted title.
I hope that he doesn't.
I want Hambone to get the most HR's!!
(09-27-2012, 06:31 PM)tntmclmm Wrote: The Hr's are going to be the tough one for him. His last few games have made his Ba slip a bit so hopfully he finishes these last few games strong and at least gets the Mvp.
I hope that he doesn't get the MVP either!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

He's got my vote
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(09-28-2012, 11:03 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: I hope that he doesn't.
I want Hambone to get the most HR's!!

I hope that he doesn't get the MVP either!!
Hope all you want. Your boys too high maintenance.

I don't know how anyone could root against a guy who has a chance to accomplish something that hasn't been done in 40+ years. It's pretty remarkable when a guy is able to get this close. -Of course, I'm a tiger fan, so I'm obviously biased. But I'd be cheering for anyone not in a white sox uniform to achieve the triple crown. (Even then, I'd quietly respect the feat). It's great, too, that he's doing it while in the playoff hunt.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(09-28-2012, 06:44 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I don't know how anyone could root against a guy who has a chance to accomplish something that hasn't been done in 40+ years. It's pretty remarkable when a guy is able to get this close. -Of course, I'm a tiger fan, so I'm obviously biased. But I'd be cheering for anyone not in a white sox uniform to achieve the triple crown. (Even then, I'd quietly respect the feat). It's great, too, that he's doing it while in the playoff hunt.
EASY!! I'm not a fan of baseball in general. I'm a fan of Nolan Ryan & the Texas Rangers!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(09-28-2012, 06:44 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I don't know how anyone could root against a guy who has a chance to accomplish something that hasn't been done in 40+ years. It's pretty remarkable when a guy is able to get this close. -Of course, I'm a tiger fan, so I'm obviously biased. But I'd be cheering for anyone not in a white sox uniform to achieve the triple crown. (Even then, I'd quietly respect the feat). It's great, too, that he's doing it while in the playoff hunt.
+1
Detroit Tigers Set Collector
Justin Verlander Miguel Cabrera Al Kaline Ty Cobb

I get your point. But the guy is a Dbag. He's gotten multiple DWI's. Had to have the GM bail him out of jail. Just don't like him. He reminds me of Manny. Great ballplayer, not a great person....
Super-Collector of Bernie Williams

Photobucket

(09-28-2012, 09:23 PM)jtwellsnyy51188 Wrote: I get your point. But the guy is a Dbag. He's gotten multiple DWI's. Had to have the GM bail him out of jail. Just don't like him. He reminds me of Manny. Great ballplayer, not a great person....
Man, I live in Michigan and follow Cabrera/Tigers closely. He definitely screwed up, and has a drinking problem (which he is addressing), but it's been a year-and-a-half problem free. He's been a good citizen since then. Far from a d-bag. And far from Manny, who had attitude (and PED) issues for a long time. I don't think that's a fair comparison at all. Cabrera is a onsummate professional on the field, and has apparently made great strides in his personal life as well.

Hamilton -and many other players (and regular joes) have had similar problems. There's something to be said for overcoming an addiction like that. I'm not making excuses for him- and if he were still misbehaving, I'd probably agree with you. But, the fact is, he's done well for the last two full-seasons and has become one of the best 5 players in the game.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*