Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cup Vs. Dominion what's better for the $

The Cup Vs. Dominion what's better for the $
So my question is simple--
If the number of hits is the same, 3 autos per tin etc. Why would anyone spend 150.00 more for the cup.

IS anyone else seeing that big of a price difference between the 2?

RE: The Cup Vs. Dominion what's better for the $
Buy singles of your favorite players best bang for the buck in my opinion
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(09-27-2012, 10:08 AM)alstott9adams Wrote: Buy singles of your favorite players best bang for the buck in my opinion
Yup, what he said. Or buy in on case/box breaks... Losing $20-$30 on a box break beats losing $500 anyday. Heck, losing $100 on a case break beats losing $500 on box -- Or just go buy some Prime haha
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

Best bang for buck if you open is Dominion, hands down. $150-$200 cheaper a pack and you get 10 fairly decent cards with some zingers to boot in Dominion. The Cup can be 36 cards of crap (see my post earlier). Cup is far to little hit and too much miss. Last year was Dominions first year and I cracked about 3 cases and only had about 3 duds out of whaat over 36 packs. Just my opinion though.........

The Cup gets the hobby love - both from collectors and from the BV's.

That tradition is about to end. If Prime is an example of Panini's mid-hi end, imagine the love Dominion will get....

Dominion 11-12 has been a disappointment. No love for Dominion in the secondary markets. The Dominion RC /99 are terrible in looks, feels, designs, appeal. They cheap out on the patches in the RC /99 compared to the giant patch they had in RC /99 in last year Dominion 10-11.

It's too bad... I was hoping Dominion would carry their success from last year. Instead it went backward.

(10-01-2012, 09:56 PM)hobbystardom Wrote: Dominion 11-12 has been a disappointment. No love for Dominion in the secondary markets. The Dominion RC /99 are terrible in looks, feels, designs, appeal. They cheap out on the patches in the RC /99 compared to the giant patch they had in RC /99 in last year Dominion 10-11.

It's too bad... I was hoping Dominion would carry their success from last year. Instead it went backward.
Could not diagree with you more. Right now is not the time to be selling cards of any type on e Bay. Wait until the strike is over. When you watch box breaks of Dominion, it is stunning to me. Yes, secondary market loves The Cup, but right now I am darned if I will only take $50 for a nice Matt Read ARP #/99. I am willing to wait.

(09-27-2012, 07:51 PM)stadium sports cards Wrote: The Cup gets the hobby love - both from collectors and from the BV's.

That tradition is about to end. If Prime is an example of Panini's mid-hi end, imagine the love Dominion will get....
This is the thing. We've been watching UD go down the tubes for a few years now. We saw Panini come out lackluster in their first year, they've become immensely better. Prime is ridiculous and blows the Cup out of the water in my opinion. Their redemption program isn't great, but they'll need years to become as bad as UD.

Panini products will rise in value over the next several years because they simply are coming out with better products.
(10-02-2012, 05:39 PM)rippinwax Wrote: Could not diagree with you more. Right now is not the time to be selling cards of any type on e Bay. Wait until the strike is over. When you watch box breaks of Dominion, it is stunning to me. Yes, secondary market loves The Cup, but right now I am darned if I will only take $50 for a nice Matt Read ARP #/99. I am willing to wait.
No kidding. Right now is a buyers market for sure.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

Ebay is a Ghost Town for Selling right now, it is a huge buyers market, with the strike in full swing prices have gone down, less people are buying which means prices are lower, we sell on ebay, and I own a hobby store, I will say this, I'm more worried about the Hockey Strike than who becomes president.