`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st Bowman Card

1st Bowman Card
I have a PC of Adonis Cardona and noticed that both his 2011 and 2012 cards both say 1st Bowman Card and have the exact same pic. How can this be ?

[Image: 9c9a8c03-36aa-4caf-b245-6593248e995f.jpg]

[Image: 3d7d81c5-d99c-4227-a72d-938cbef54a93.jpg]

RE: 1st Bowman Card
(09-24-2012, 04:28 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: How can this be ?

Maybe they mean "first Bowman photo", so they aren't lying by using the same photo twice! :-)

(09-24-2012, 04:52 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote:
I wish they still played Dr. Who reruns.... havent seen it in years.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

FWIW, look carefully. Not the same photo. Although I guess we might judge from this the kid has pretty consistent mechanics?

Bah, I like the TARDIS theory better.
I need the 2013 Johnny Cueto Turkey Red Cyan Printing Plate - will pay a Finder's Fee!

Looking for any and all Cincinnati Reds...

Bucket out of order until I figure out how the new Photobucket site works.

Ive noticed that also. Thats weird. I have a blue refractor of his if your interested.....
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331

(09-24-2012, 07:12 PM)reds77 Wrote: FWIW, look carefully. Not the same photo. Although I guess we might judge from this the kid has pretty consistent mechanics?

Looks the same to me one is just zoomed in more than the other. the background is the same right now to the white stripe and the height of his knee on the line. It would be extremely hard IMO to get that same exact height in 2 different pics.

If you will look, he is wearing 2 different JSY tops in the 2 cards. Look at the #s on the back of the JSY. They're different. As to the original question, not sure how you can say both are first Bowman cards.

But they're human just like you and I and probably make mistakes just the same. I can't imagine how many cards they have to deal with and how many different players getting drafted (there's like 50 rounds in each draft). So, it could be rather easy to make mistakes like this and put 1st Bowman card even though they had one previously, especially when they're down to deadlines.

(09-24-2012, 06:09 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: I wish they still played Dr. Who reruns.... havent seen it in years.
They show them on directv, I always see the advertisement but never watch it.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(09-24-2012, 07:12 PM)reds77 Wrote: FWIW, look carefully. Not the same photo. Although I guess we might judge from this the kid has pretty consistent mechanics?

Yes this is the same photo--they just digitally changed it to the new Blue Jays Uni's