`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Philosophy question...

Philosophy question...
Would you sell 3 to 4 of your bigger PC cards to buy 200ish low end cards of a player you collect more religiously? Im contemplating it.

ie sell 3 of my bigger autos and use the cash and buy 200ish Zach Thomas cards. Smart or dumb on my part?
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

RE: Philosophy question...
Rick, if it makes you happy...Wtf cares? It's your collection and wouldn't you like to have the biggest and bestes and most completess Zach Thomas collection ever??? Yeah, I say do it.
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

(09-22-2012, 12:15 AM)koolkellygirl Wrote: Rick, if it makes you happy...Wtf cares? It's your collection and wouldn't you like to have the biggest and bestes and most completess Zach Thomas collection ever??? Yeah, I say do it.
Well believe me if it were Tom Brady autos I had to sell it would be a no brainer but it may cost me a Marino or 2 and that is where it gets confusing.

And If I had 1 million bucks Id never have the best ZT PC. There is a guy I know who has almost everything. lol.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Meh, I say it is not a competition, so do whichever makes you happy.

(09-22-2012, 12:23 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Meh, I say it is not a competition, so do whichever makes you happy.
Best way to put it in perspective is you sell 3 Josh Hamilton autos and buy 200 Fosters that book no more than $20. Would you do it?
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Well since you are asking would you do it or not, I personally wouldnt. I mean they are both PC but Id rather have the 3 really good ones than the base and inserts. Thats like me asking would I keep 2 Cam autos or pick up abunch of mem cards of Steve Smith. Id rather have the two Cams. However I do agree with KKG and Joe, do what makes you happy and enthused to collect.

you have a lot of pc's .. I say your stretched a bit thin.. Marino, JT, ZT a bunch of other dolphins and now Matt Ryan? yea I say sell the Marino's cause I think you lost interest in him ....
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

(09-22-2012, 01:48 AM)wavytiger1975 Wrote: you have a lot of pc's .. I say your stretched a bit thin.. Marino, JT, ZT a bunch of other dolphins and now Matt Ryan? yea I say sell the Marino's cause I think you lost interest in him ....
Very good points but Marino is #1 and will always be #1 but I will admit lately Im just getting sick of reproductions over and over again. I mean how many RC Reprints do we need from Topps??? Plus the number of college unid cards have increased as well. Also not a fan of sticker autos on base cards #'d /15. Just seems repetitive IMO.

As for JT its really hit or miss at this point. I may go 2 months with nothing and boom five rare cards pop up. A little weird actually.

I havent added many ZTs lately which is why Im thinking of going all out lol. 200 new low end cards of ZT is harder to find than 3 nice Marino autos.

Matty Ice is on fire and his cards already jumped in value. I only bought one auto so far for about $78 and the most recent one went for $115. i think I may have started too late on him.

Ive decided to take a year off collecting Phins cards but as you know my mind changes like the weather. If the Phins make the playoffs or at least a playoff run into December I probably will jump on any Phins cards I can get lol.

Oh and I have another secret PC Im working on as well. lol.

In the end we all cant have them all which is why we change our minds almost everyday on what to collect.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

I wouldnt do it. Quality over quantity any day!
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I personally wouldn't do it. I'd rather keep the big guns and hopefully pick up the lower end stuff little by little down the line.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.