`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Need help identifying whether this Roethlisberger/Crosby autograph is authentic...

Need help identifying whether this Roethlisberger/Crosby autograph is authentic...
I was recently working a flea market today for my window company and ran across a gentleman with all Pittsburgh related sports memorabilia. Most of his stuff was authenticated by ACE, who I know has a questionable reputation. Some were PSA/DNA and Upper Deck, which I obviously feel comfortable with.

I randomly stumbled upon this piece, which he said he obtained from a giant collection he bought. It does not have authentication or any markings or certificates as to where it came from or what company put it out.

I negotiated to a fair price and he's holding the piece, so I can do a little more research. I'm very confident that the piece is real, but I don't know if the autographs are actually signed or just a reprint. I can't seem to find anything online on this dual framed autograph, so any help would be much appreciated.

It is the "City of Champions" Steelers/Penguins signed by Ben Roethlisberger & Sidney Crosby. It is a limited edition 15 of 500. I've owned several of their autographs before and they seem consistent with those. My concerns are who put this piece out? And are these reprints or actual signatures?

Photo of the piece is attached.

[Image: wffdw.jpg]

Please advise. Thank you in advance!!!

-Jon-

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Need help identifying whether this Roethlisberger/Crosby autograph is authentic...
looks nice, but im smelling a reprint since it has the "limited edition" stamp on it. it may have been mass produced to get to the 500. IMO id be sketchy, but its killer if its real
[Image: supbullcoc1.jpg]

Collection Completion
GU - 131
AU - 219
1/1 - 25
total - 478
478/858 55.710/100%

RE: Need help identifying whether this Roethlisberger/Crosby autograph is authentic...
im fairly sure those are facsimiles

I wish I knew who put these out..

(09-21-2012, 06:07 PM)throwbackent Wrote: I wish I knew who put these out..
any other insight?

I don't really know much about it either way, but I would be highly suspicious of it.

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

It looks nice but I think they are facsimilies as well.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.