`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My Bigtime Redemption Issue.

RE: My Bigtime Redemption Issue.
Oooh that would bother me so bad!!! Those two legendary players, and to not get the autograph... Thats just awful man, I really think they need to change redemptions. I wouldn't get off their tails until I got that card, no matter what! That really sucks bro sorry.
[Image: whodatbanner.jpg]

(09-20-2012, 04:38 PM)xXWhoDaTXx Wrote: Oooh that would bother me so bad!!! Those two legendary players, and to not get the autograph... Thats just awful man, I really think they need to change redemptions. I wouldn't get off their tails until I got that card, no matter what! That really sucks bro sorry.
I know man! It bugs me a bunch. Even if they hook me up big time, I still just want my card. I keep thinking I might just tell them I will continue to wait because I truly think they just lost the rest. I just dont see how they could get rid of 25 of them within a year. It just doesnt make sense. You would think if all 25 were out there, they would pop up on the bay but I have only ever seen 2.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(09-20-2012, 04:51 PM)nthnoak Wrote: I know man! It bugs me a bunch. Even if they hook me up big time, I still just want my card. I keep thinking I might just tell them I will continue to wait because I truly think they just lost the rest. I just dont see how they could get rid of 25 of them within a year. It just doesnt make sense. You would think if all 25 were out there, they would pop up on the bay but I have only ever seen 2.
I would demand maybe the same autographs on different cards (Like a Starr throwback Auto and A separate Namath auto)....
[Image: whodatbanner.jpg]

Man that sucks, I am sorry to hear that.

Hope you get something sweet in return.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

I agree redemptions shouldn't exist...

I always feel hesitant when I sell a redemption card I pulled. If it does not work out for the buyer, I know I would not be to blame, but I would feel horrible!

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

That doesn't even make sense that they don't have it — two different ways.

Follow me on this.

Let's assume for argument's sake that the first card redeemed gets number 01/25 mailed to them, right?

The second one gets 02/25, and so on ...

There's no way all 25 have been pulled and redeemed already.

Even if there were, there are supposed to be 25 of them to fill all 25, right?

So, worst case scenario, if you were the LAST guy to redeem yours, you'd get 25/25, right?

OK, so assuming I'm wrong, and random numbers/25 get sent out, since some have popped up on the bay, are they still all numbered /25?

Is there any way to tell?

Because, let's say hypothetically they only got 10 back or whatever.

Wouldn't they re-stamp them XX/10?

Because either way, think about this — it's fraud!

If there are 25 of them in existence and you're not getting yours, it's breach of contract.

If there really aren't 25 of them in existence, and they're stamped xx/25, that's also fraudulent.

Man I HATE redemptions.

My horror story is this — back in 00-01, I got a blaster box of Topps Basketball from my grandparents in Michigan in the mail for Christmas.

It was basically the last gift they sent me before they started having health problems and eventually passed away.

Not only did I pull a Glen Rice NBA Finals jersey — I'm a big U of M fan, so it was a huge hit — I actually pulled a redemption for an Allen Iverson autograph.

At the time he was probably one of my top three or four favorite players, and I was beyond stoked — not only because of the cards I pulled but because of the sentimental value.

Anyway, I waited about a YEAR AND A HALF — even calling them about every two weeks after the first six months or so, and the whole time they would say things like "we contacted him and his signatures are supposed to be in next week" ...

And I eventually got an "equivalent value" replacement lot of autos of Kwame Brown, Kedrick Brown, Gilbert Arenas and Alvin Jones (because he played on the same team as Iverson!!!)

Ever since then, pretty much any redemption I pull I immediately trade it or sell it.

Ugh. Good luck, keep us posted ...

Wow, can't imagine what I would do if I pulled a Starr redemption and it couldn't be filled. Heads Would ROLL.But at the very least you should be getting a pretty decent 49ers card(s) for your trouble.

And I had that same issue of trying not to sound too demanding when I listed the Players from my PC list. Can't help it if they're just so much better than everybody else lol.
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

(09-20-2012, 06:53 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: That doesn't even make sense that they don't have it — two different ways.

Follow me on this.

Let's assume for argument's sake that the first card redeemed gets number 01/25 mailed to them, right?

The second one gets 02/25, and so on ...

There's no way all 25 have been pulled and redeemed already.

Even if there were, there are supposed to be 25 of them to fill all 25, right?

So, worst case scenario, if you were the LAST guy to redeem yours, you'd get 25/25, right?

OK, so assuming I'm wrong, and random numbers/25 get sent out, since some have popped up on the bay, are they still all numbered /25?

Is there any way to tell?

Because, let's say hypothetically they only got 10 back or whatever.

Wouldn't they re-stamp them XX/10?

Because either way, think about this — it's fraud!

If there are 25 of them in existence and you're not getting yours, it's breach of contract.

If there really aren't 25 of them in existence, and they're stamped xx/25, that's also fraudulent.

Man I HATE redemptions.

My horror story is this — back in 00-01, I got a blaster box of Topps Basketball from my grandparents in Michigan in the mail for Christmas.

It was basically the last gift they sent me before they started having health problems and eventually passed away.

Not only did I pull a Glen Rice NBA Finals jersey — I'm a big U of M fan, so it was a huge hit — I actually pulled a redemption for an Allen Iverson autograph.

At the time he was probably one of my top three or four favorite players, and I was beyond stoked — not only because of the cards I pulled but because of the sentimental value.

Anyway, I waited about a YEAR AND A HALF — even calling them about every two weeks after the first six months or so, and the whole time they would say things like "we contacted him and his signatures are supposed to be in next week" ...

And I eventually got an "equivalent value" replacement lot of autos of Kwame Brown, Kedrick Brown, Gilbert Arenas and Alvin Jones (because he played on the same team as Iverson!!!)

Ever since then, pretty much any redemption I pull I immediately trade it or sell it.

Ugh. Good luck, keep us posted ...
dude i hear you. thats what i was saying earlier. it just doesnt make sense how all 25 of them could be gone already and the ones they have sent out are numbered to 25. they originally told me they were still waiting for the athletes to sign until i told them, no they werent because people are already selling them on the bay. so it just seems to me that the redemption department is a mess over there and i really think these cards just got misplaced or something. im sorry for your iverson. that is a major bummer because of sentimental value. i know how you feel as i have a couple cards like that i will never let go.
(09-20-2012, 07:04 PM)bigtrip18 Wrote: Wow, can't imagine what I would do if I pulled a Starr redemption and it couldn't be filled. Heads Would ROLL.But at the very least you should be getting a pretty decent 49ers card(s) for your trouble.

And I had that same issue of trying not to sound too demanding when I listed the Players from my PC list. Can't help it if they're just so much better than everybody else lol.
yeah im not happy because its my biggest pull ever and mainly because im trying to do that set. so my biggest issue now comes down to sv versus bv because they are going to use bv on replacements even if it sells for half the sv of the card i should have received. so now im gonna have to spend a ton to get the card anyway for my set. its so upsetting in so many ways. and they should have no problem giving me a nice rice or kobe auto since my card books for a few hundred. i honestly just feel that i still wont be happy whatever they send me. maybe il be wrong though.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

And don't ever feel "bad" about asking for the best names as replacements ... it's their problem they can't fill the redemptions, not yours.