`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E-bay Selling: How Long Until You Give Up On A Buyer?

RE: E-bay Selling: How Long Until You Give Up On A Buyer?
4 days for me. I will open a case the very minute it will accept one. 4 days is MORE than enough time to pay for an item.

Gt a kick out of this, last week I someone flat out messaged me saying they weren't paying. I tried talking them out of it with no luck. I closed the case and got my fees back and left them a Negative positive. A positive comment with a Negative review. They then responded calling me a liar and such. I'm not much for being called a liar, so I copied and pasted a link to a screen shot of them actually being dishonest and posted in as a response. Wink

NEGATIVE!!!! DEADBEAT BIDDER!!! NEGATIVE!! MSGd me saying he'd rather get strike Buyer: Member id kc_chiefs_fb ( Feedback Score Of 1816) Sep-18-12 08:32
Reply by kc_chiefs_fb (Sep-18-12 18:38):
OFFERED 2 PAY FOR ITEM & SELLER MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE ! DONT BUY OR TRUST HIM!!!!!!
Follow-up by bgt_masters_of_tiki_d (Sep-20-12 13:48):
Not true. photobucket.com/albums/v200/BGT_Masters/Aa/
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

Also for you eBay sellers like myself, eBay has changed the Buyer Requirements to include many more options to block certain buyers. Here's what my Buyer Requirements look like now:

Don't have a PayPal account
Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 6 Month(s)
Have a primary shipping address in a location I don't ship to
Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 6 Month(s)
Have a feedback score of -1 or lower

I really like that they included the 2 Unpaid Item Strikes as a requirement. Hopefully all sellers see this and it can weed out the buyers that don't pay!

(09-20-2012, 04:47 PM)motu79 Wrote: Also for you eBay sellers like myself, eBay has changed the Buyer Requirements to include many more options to block certain buyers. Here's what my Buyer Requirements look like now:

Don't have a PayPal account
Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 6 Month(s)
Have a primary shipping address in a location I don't ship to
Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 6 Month(s)
Have a feedback score of -1 or lower

I really like that they included the 2 Unpaid Item Strikes as a requirement. Hopefully all sellers see this and it can weed out the buyers that don't pay!
That's just about exactly how mine looks except I have 2 Unpaid Item Strikes within 12 months. Seriously, if you're not going to follow through on something that you put yourself into in the first place, then don't bid/buy.

I give people four full days, then I just send them a cancellation notice. I clearly state in bold in my item description that payment is expected within 3 days.

Most of my auctions end Sunday nights, so on Monday nights when I get to work I invoice the people that haven't paid.

Tuesday night, if they still haven't paid, I contact them directly and inform them I'm re-listing the card on Thursday night.

If they never pay, I put them on the blocked bidder list through the resolution center. I don't know if that actually works, but it's worth a try.

My system works like a charm, most of the time.

Why am I so strict? Because I often ship the same day I receive the payment, no later than the next day unless it's something unusual.

So, I expect the same courtesy from the buyer.

(Of course, if they contact me to make arrangements, then it's a whole different deal.)

I am selling cards to supplement our income right now and I don't have the time to put up with some deadbeat's BS.

So ended up opening a case on the auction I talked about earlier and bam within an hour I had money in hand. lol

Thank's for all the advice. I will give the guy until Sunday and then I will do the no pay claim. I will also make sure to start adding to my auctions a time limit so people no up front.

I have now added the requirements to my listings as well..great heads up folks..
Selling is hard with the protection all in favor of the buyer...so any edge we sellers have is appreciated..

I give people 3 days, that's more than enough time to make a payment. When I win auctions I pay immediately, I just think that's courteous. I just had a guy no pay within the 3 days, I started a resolution with the message to the guy that I gave him 3 full days, he did not pay so I wouldn't be shipping him the card. He paid then, but I refunded him the money and told him the card was not for sale anymore. I know some people might think this is harsh but really, if you read the auction, you knew the rules.
[Image: Z7CfI.png]
Atlanta Braves (Heyward, Beachy), Dallas Cowboys (Dez, Claiborne), Iowa Hawkeyes, Georgia Bulldogs (AJ Green), collecting them all!

Bucket: http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430...r%20Trade/

I use the minimum also. I also use the other buyer requirements that others have noted along with having 4 policy violations within 6 months, whatever those may be.

I am in the process of listing 300 of so different sets and am taking advantage of the program they have now where you can up to 550 free listings per month through the end of the year (the 50 free we normally get plus the 500 they are allowing in the sports category). I am putting all of those sets as 30 day fixed price listings. In my experience, fixed price listings that sell have a 100% pay rate. I do have a few deadbeat bidders when I list auctions, but apparently not as many as some of you have (knock on wood).

With my settings on automatic filing for NPBs, I don't even have to worry about it. If I have an NPB for an auction where I got good money for the item, I will let the next bidder have a second chance offer instead of relisting the item.
Collecting Doug Waechter (118/149), Jared Sandberg (107/125), 1994-95 BB Michael Jordan (69/89), 1977-1997 Eddie Murray (877/943), and Bo Jackson BB/FB 1986-1995 (447/486), 2007 Fleer Mini Gold (126/370). Only completing trades with something on my lists.