`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BVG 8.5 Mantle (Old Case): Worth regrade?

BVG 8.5 Mantle (Old Case): Worth regrade?
Hi. I'm thinking about buying a 1968 Topps Mantle graded BVG 8.5. The card was graded when BVG still used subgrades. The subs are 9, 9, 8.5, and 8. What do you think the odds are that the card would receive a BVG 9 grade under the new system?

RE: BVG 8.5 Mantle (Old Case): Worth regrade?
i collect tons of Mantles... post a pic
--if dont know how.. use Photobucket...copy/paste the image code here.
8.5 to a 9 is a ton of $$$
your talking about a $500 card to a $1500 card
Collectors do go for the gold label ones.. my opinion is to leave as is and take your $$ and buy more vintage cards

That low 8 your not going to get a 9...its possible it could go down.
Collecting ROOKIE CARDS 40-60's, 25 Gehrig, fancraze-wagner

A re-grade of that magnitude would require an inspection with a 10x loupe at a minimum, if you know what to look for under magnification that would lead you to believe it should grade higher. If you were planning to break it out of the case yourself, there's potential risk of damage there too. I would leave it as it is.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

(09-21-2012, 05:40 PM)coimbre 21 Wrote: A re-grade of that magnitude would require an inspection with a 10x loupe at a minimum, if you know what to look for under magnification that would lead you to believe it should grade higher. If you were planning to break it out of the case yourself, there's potential risk of damage there too. I would leave it as it is.
+1 Id leave it as it is.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Yes from experience on a lesser card leave it in the BVG case.