(Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.6 Average
Topps & Sega Card Gen: Kenny's Collection
09-27-2012, 06:15 AM
RE: Topps & Sega Card Gen: Kenny's Collection
@Mikarlo
It is a shame, although I think those who make baseball cards their profession wouldn't mind having it come stateside (again).

Okay, today was my last day of summer vacation and I decided to take another trip to Shinjuku to scoop up some base cards I could get for cheap. I haven't come anywhere close to completing the entire base set but with the addition of Ivan Nova I've managed to complete my first team set as I've now got all 15 Yankees cards.
[Image: p9270114.jpg]
[Image: p9270115.jpg]
[Image: p9270116.jpg]

And now for the rest of my pickups and some previously unpictured cards from my last gaming session.
[Image: p9270117.jpg]
[Image: p9270118.jpg]
[Image: p9270119.jpg]
[Image: p9270120.jpg]

And now for a little announcement.
I'll be taking a little hiatus from the hobby and the game for now as I've got classes starting tomorrow and I've got no idea when I'll be able to play the game or collect cards again. So any updates in this thread will be few and far between, however I've come up with a contest that I'll hold sometime before Halloween. Hopefully I'll be able to have even compensation prizes.
Stay tuned, and thanks to all of you for your comments & support.

Progress: 176/408

[Image: lulz02.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Nice pick ups! Finally found that Mike Morse, huh? lol, kidding.

GL with your classes Ziveous!

COLLECTING: All StL Cardinals -- E. Hosmer, M. Moustakas, B. Starling, R. Howard, L. Harrell -- NASCAR: R. Wallace, J. McMurray, C. Bowyer, Dillon Bros, D. Pearson, Female Drivers Past & Present -- Political Cards & Inserts -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros -- SA Spurs: D. Robinson, T. Duncan, K. Leonard
10-11-2012, 04:38 AM
Well I still haven't played the game or gotten any new cards in a while and I still haven't gotten around to planning my contest, but I did find this interesting card while I was looking through YahooAuction. This is one of the cards from 2009, notice the logo at the bottom left corner.
[Image: 440x600-2012100800008.jpg]

10-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Do you know if Andre Ethier had a foil variation? And if so can you get your hands on 1? Please let me know as I have the base version on the way already. Thanks!

Alex

[Image: EthierPCScans820.jpg]

GOOGLE+ Link
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/10935...858/albums
10-11-2012, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2012 09:55 PM by johnxgodfree.)
thanks to ebay and a gift from a wonderful member of a messageboard the wife and I post on, picked up the Eric O'Flaherty, Jonny Venters and Craig Kimbrel to go with our three ball autograph set we put together last season.(and a bonus Freddie Freeman!) got them displayed up together finally also!

[Image: wall.jpg]

these cards are cool, good luck completing the set it sounds like an expensive task!

Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors
10-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Weird, but cool. What is the significance of the stars on the bottom of the cards?

[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!
10-12-2012, 03:19 AM
(10-11-2012 11:41 AM)alexs64 Wrote:  Do you know if Andre Ethier had a foil variation? And if so can you get your hands on 1? Please let me know as I have the base version on the way already. Thanks!
Alex
It appears as though no foil variation of Ethier's been made this year. If there is one I'll let you know.

(10-11-2012 04:02 PM)johnxgodfree Wrote:  these cards are cool, good luck completing the set it sounds like an expensive task!
Thanks. A majority of the base cards shouldn't be a problem. The superstars & train fare on the other hand, they'll be a problem.

(10-11-2012 05:52 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote:  Weird, but cool. What is the significance of the stars on the bottom of the cards?

If I had 1 dollar for every time someone's asked me that, I'd have 3 dollars.

Basically the number of stars will tell you how good the player is on a scale of 1 to 8. It's called a value point which becomes a big factor/pain in the behind when you're playing the game. The total number of value points on your team has can't be over what the game's assigned you (the limit grows as you advance farther into the game). This prevents everyone from using nothing but superstars from the get-go and in turn allows the low valued cards play big roles. Fortunatly for me a majority of the low valued cards were players I was going to use anyway, which enabled me to have one of the best rotations ever Smile.

10-12-2012, 06:45 AM
Forgive me for not reading all threads again to see if this was answered, but what are train fare cards?

[Image: badtime.jpg]
10-12-2012, 07:13 AM
(10-12-2012 06:45 AM)acevanquish Wrote:  Forgive me for not reading all threads again to see if this was answered, but what are train fare cards?

The arcade &/or shop where he can get these cards are not near his dwelling, hence the train fare. Wink

Hey Kenny, I was wondering something the other day. Do they replace the whole game machine itself each year with the new sets? Or do the same machine work with all Sega Card Gen sets (years)? Just curious.

COLLECTING: All StL Cardinals -- E. Hosmer, M. Moustakas, B. Starling, R. Howard, L. Harrell -- NASCAR: R. Wallace, J. McMurray, C. Bowyer, Dillon Bros, D. Pearson, Female Drivers Past & Present -- Political Cards & Inserts -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros -- SA Spurs: D. Robinson, T. Duncan, K. Leonard
10-12-2012, 07:41 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2012 08:21 AM by Ziveus101.)
(10-12-2012 06:45 AM)acevanquish Wrote:  Forgive me for not reading all threads again to see if this was answered, but what are train fare cards?

It's alright, I'm just happy you (and everyone else) is reading my thread. And Mikarlo pretty much answered your question for me lol.

(10-12-2012 07:13 AM)Mikarlo Wrote:  The arcade &/or shop where he can get these cards are not near his dwelling, hence the train fare. Wink

(10-12-2012 07:13 AM)Mikarlo Wrote:  Hey Kenny, I was wondering something the other day. Do they replace the whole game machine itself each year with the new sets? Or do the same machine work with all Sega Card Gen sets (years)? Just curious.

I'm not entirely sure but I'll go with the latter. I never saw the machines from 09~11 but a quick google search showed that the machines from back then look exactly like how they do now. And I doubt that it'd be too hard to modify the machines since all they'd have to do is switch the cards in the machine with the newest set and replace the banners (which is something Japanese arcades do with all of their games on a monthly/yearly basis) with new ones. I wonder if I could ask them for the old banners next year Tongue?
[Image: p9220111.jpg]
A pic I only shared on Blowout, until now, that I took on my last gaming session.
The middle part with the cards facing diagnal directions would basically be the only thing they'd have to replace on the outside.
Also, if you look at the bottom left corner you'll see the words "Take a PLAYER CARD" and an arrow pointing to a slot, that slot is where the new cards come out when you play a new game.

BTW here's something pretty cool I found on Youtube where Sega actually made the ALDS & NLDS matchups on the Card Gen game. They're not re-enactments of the games though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K1xgW3l_Kw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE6J1EQNfxA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoOua2t2CiY