`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got Some Bad News From PSA On Trout Auto, What Do You Think?

Got Some Bad News From PSA On Trout Auto, What Do You Think?
OK guys, long story short, I was looking for a Trout auto last month, found an IP auto on the Bay, and after extensive research of other Trout autos AND making sure I could get a refund, I went for it.

I sent the card to PSA and got it back today — not authenticated.

Here are the scans, then I have a couple of questions after:

[Image: KevinTroutFront.jpg]

[Image: KevinTroutBack.jpg]

Questions:

1) Do you guys think it's real or fake? I've heard that sometimes PSA won't authenticate IP autos, though I've seen some on the bay.

(And remember, I literally compared this card to EVERY Trout auto on the bay at the time before I bought it).

Funny thing is, I saw a couple of the same card that did get authenticated, and they didn't look as "legit" in my opinion ...

2) If you do think it's fake, I'm assuming you would go for a refund?

(Explanation — the item listing said "The autograph is 100% authentic" ... so I checked with PayPal and it qualifies as a "item not as described" case)

3) If you think it's real, do you think I should just keep it, or maybe try JSA/Beckett and see what they think?

Even if I don't get a refund, I'm not going to try to re-sell it as is — I wouldn't pass it on to someone else to have to go through what I did.

What do you guys think? I trust your input and opinions, thanks ...

RE: Got Some Bad News From PSA On Trout Auto, What Do You Think?
PSA does authenticate in person autos.
They are all over ebay.
If they rejected it, why even question it further, just get your refund. You have reason enough.

(09-17-2012, 09:53 PM)creativemunky Wrote: PSA does authenticate in person autos.
They are all over ebay.
If they rejected it, why even question it further, just get your refund. You have reason enough.
No, that's not what I said ... of course they're all over eBay LOL

What I'm saying is that sometimes even if, say, a collector gets the auto himself at the ballpark and sends it in, it still won't come back encased as authentic ... even though he himself knows it's the real deal because he got it himself and is just trying to create re-sale value by getting it slabbed.

But you're right, that's how I'm leaning ... unless anyone can talk me out of it LOL ...

Here's a question, they provided you with a PSA serial number. I've never sent in to PSA, or sent in any auto. What does it say when you put the serial number into the website;s population report? Could be it was just an internal error and they thought you wanted it raw (like a raw grade at a card show) but then again wouldn\t they put the sticker seal over the top of the toploader
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

Hi -I got this TTM from him last spring training - looks pretty close. Regardless, I would ask for a refund.

[Image: IMG_7040.jpg]
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

The M has too many squiggles...

Send for a refund. Think this way, PSA have people who's job is to decide if an auto is real or not. And it's a popular player so they have seen many

Goodluck
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

It's tough to compare, as his auto changes from card to card and year to year, but yeah, you've gotta trust their expertise and ask for a refund. Here are my three Trouts for comparison purposes...

[Image: 09trout.jpg]
[Image: 11trout.jpg]
[Image: 12trout.jpg]
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

IMO..if PSA says they can not say if it is authentic, then it is NOT authentic.
I would trust their judgement.
You could always send to someone working out of their garage, they will authenticate that for you..ha ha...sorry..ask for a refund..

If you do not trust PSA, why did you send it there in the first place? I believe you do trust them, and that is why you are asking for opinions. I would get my money back iof I were you.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Yeah, like I said, I literally looked at every Trout auto on the bay before I bought it, and was convinced it had all the right characteristics.

I was so sure it was legit that I went for it.

I just sent it to PSA to verify it, figuring it was a formality (and to give me some final peace of mind, as well as re-sale potential if I ever needed to flip it — though I really wanted to keep it.)

But it sounds like the consensus is to get a refund, which I was leaning toward anyway.

I appreciate everyone's input.