`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Collection Boxes

RE: Custom Collection Boxes
(09-17-2012, 09:36 PM)wickabee Wrote: Great idea for certain. What kind of scale is he producing them on? #IamprettysureRandiisadrunkandshouldnotbeamod
HEY! Hey you! Yeah... you, Tyson! Ya little bugger you! Haha! Trying to start something, huh? I think that you should put the drink down and head to bed, my friend. Wiener!

Randi
(09-17-2012, 10:33 PM)skelscardclozzit Wrote: First- let me start by saying #RANDIforMOD as the Hockey boards could definitely benefit from his dedication to the hobby..Just look at all he has done here without mod status!
Second- I feel as though I owe an apology to those great members that have sent me trade offers over the last few weeks and I have been unable to find the time to respond to offers or even complete some trades. Work and health issues persist to haunt me and either one or the other (sometimes both) gets in the way. This is the only site I visit from time to time and would be here more if only everything worked the way it should..nuff said about that! I have missed being here and honestly feel terrible about not being able to get anything accomplished with some well respected traders and collectors! That will change soon and I have not forgotten anyone who has sent me an offer and can only hope that they won't hold a grudge!
Third- The boxes...I started working on these about a year or so ago as I was frustrated trying to use the standard 5k boxes with top loaders..it just doesn't work well as many of you know. I sent Randi one to see if he liked them and wanted to hear his thoughts about them as I have never shown them publicly. Thanks to Randi for showing it off! I will try and answer some questions about them if I can! The hardest thing about these is that shipping them is a challenge (and not cheap!) so they don't get crushed by the post office or UPS!
Steve- Whenever you are ready, lmk!
onoxxxregretso- I have 10 or so sitting here and can def help with your storage problem! Shoot me an email or send a pm to either Randi or myself.
Optimus Prime- I currently do not have a box for minis but can customize them to fit them I'm sure. I will work up a prototype and see how they work this weekend! I am working on a slab version (for graded or Ultimate Memorabilia) so you wouldn't have to turn them on their side and the cards would stand like the ones in Randi's pictures.!
Wickabee- I am not as of yet mass producing them (labor issues..haha) as it takes about two days to complete the box from start to finish due to drying times of the glue. I could however make them on a request basis and have considered adding labels or player/team specific stickers or art to them.

Anyone that has any questions, feel free to send me an email (skelscardclozzit@aol.com) or message either Randi or myself here.!
-Craig

Well there you have it, folks! Straight from the man's keyboard! Hopefully we will see you back on the boards more often, Craig. We definitely need to see more active members here on the Hockey Boards, and a valuable on, such as yourself, would be welcomed with open arms... er... screens. Haha!

I am sure that an insert for the minis would be a great addition. Something that can house them, but only to be inserted into one of the existing rows, as not that many people have a quantity of the mini top-loaders. Maybe a half-row depth? Also... for the Ultimate Memorabilia/slabbed cards, there is enough room to move the sidewalls over so that the row separators can be adjusted. Maybe have boxes with one-or-two rows for slabbed and the other two-or-three for normal top-loaders? Glad to see that this is taking off!

afff-Shipping to Canada is possible, and costly. It took more than $12 for mine to get to me, so that has to be factored in. If there was a way to make them broken down, that would bring the cost down. Hopefully something can be worked out.

Randi

(09-18-2012, 05:12 AM)rayeates Wrote: HEY! Hey you! Yeah... you, Tyson! Ya little bugger you! Haha! Trying to start something, huh? I think that you should put the drink down and head to bed, my friend. Wiener!
Hey! I NEVER put down the drink...
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

How much would it cost for shipping within the United States? I live in New York. you have one that's equivalent to the amount of cards it can hold as a 5k box?
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

(09-18-2012, 11:29 AM)wickabee Wrote: Hey! I NEVER put down the drink...
Hahahaha! I actually had a laugh at this one!

Mike: I don't know how much it would cost to get one to you, but I will get in touch with Craig. Also, I don't know if he's doing ones that size. I personally like them a bit smaller, for they fit better into drawers/shelves and stack neater. Hopefully we can get this underway!

Randi

Well I'd need a few of them to house my PC players then. I have something like 960 Roy cards...85 ish of both Yip and Palmieri. My sig isn't updated, but the numbers are close to that lol
I wonder if I could buy a box similar to that at Wal-Mart and make my own.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

(09-18-2012, 04:55 PM)onoxxxregretso Wrote: Well I'd need a few of them to house my PC players then. I have something like 960 Roy cards...85 ish of both Yip and Palmieri. My sig isn't updated, but the numbers are close to that lol
I wonder if I could buy a box similar to that at Wal-Mart and make my own.
Sent you a pm...

afff- Yes I can ship them to Canada but like Randi mentioned it is like $11 for one due to the amount of padding that is involved to keep them from being crushed.

Just a bit of info on an idea I was sent via pm. I had a request for one that holds both slabbed and reg top loaders style cards within the same box. A bit of a challenge due to the fact that each cards have different widths. I am going to work on a prototype and see if I can get it to work as well as a "mini's box" this weekend and see what I can do. Thanks for all the messages and comments! A special thanks to Randi for throwing these out in the open..I have some cards packed up for you and I will send it out on Sat..! Thanks Mod!

(09-18-2012, 09:28 PM)skelscardclozzit Wrote: Sent you a pm...

afff- Yes I can ship them to Canada but like Randi mentioned it is like $11 for one due to the amount of padding that is involved to keep them from being crushed.

Just a bit of info on an idea I was sent via pm. I had a request for one that holds both slabbed and reg top loaders style cards within the same box. A bit of a challenge due to the fact that each cards have different widths. I am going to work on a prototype and see if I can get it to work as well as a "mini's box" this weekend and see what I can do. Thanks for all the messages and comments! A special thanks to Randi for throwing these out in the open..I have some cards packed up for you and I will send it out on Sat..! Thanks Mod!
You don't need to send anything my way, but it greatly appreciated! Thank you. As for the Ultimate Memorabilia/Slabbed cards, you can just move the side walls over a touch. There is enough room for the flaps to comfortably close right now, but you can have the walls beside them a bit tighter, giving you room to play with the row sizes.

As for the minis, I would suggest an insert for those ones. Maybe a half row, or full row? I know that I only have one mini in a mini top-loader, and I am not too sure if there are people who have more than just a few. Hopefully things can get worked out!

Randi

One thing about minis is how far you have to reach in to get them. Maybe a full row with a false bottom so 1 row = 2 rows?
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(09-19-2012, 11:32 AM)wickabee Wrote: One thing about minis is how far you have to reach in to get them. Maybe a full row with a false bottom so 1 row = 2 rows?
I personally think that the insert would be a great add to this. You can take them out at will, and they can be made 1/2 row length so that you can have 1-2 of them, depending on how many minis you have.

Randi