`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another rant

RE: Another rant
These never sell for anywhere near BV...but I agree it is rare for them to be over, but it does happen. Especially when a product is hot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-99-UD-Choic...25744e0f07

Not my listing but I wish it was.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

they are guides not the bible
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Tavares Young Guns. Originally came out BV$50 and every sale on ebay was $70+ is the perfect example. I have no clue where the $50 came from but I didn't see a single copy anywhere near $50.

On the 90's tough to find inserts you can toss the guide away. Look at the 95/96 Ultra Premier Padmen medallions, 96/97 Hart Hopefuls gold, 96/97 Lord Stanely's Finals, 96/97 BD Run for the Cup, etc, etc, etc. These cards sell for MAD cash where others that have high BV's are lucky to get $1.99 opening bids. When I was collecting Fedorov a few years back I got outbid on the Lord Stanley's finals at $280 and that was the only one I'd ever seen. It's all about demand.
[Image: NewSig.jpg]
I feel so lonely now Sad

Bucket Link

The funny thing about this topic is that there are completely two ways about it (this is my opinion). I know exactly where everyone is coming from, as I have seen cards go for WAY more than BV, and for WAY less than BV. I can personally attest to this via my 2011-12 Scratching The Surface set. I have paid $2.00 for a card that is marked for $25.00 BV, but have also paid $25 for a card that is marked $15.00 BV.

Beckett is just a guide and they cannot be counted on to be completely accurate with their pricing. Marian Hossa cards still carry a premium in the guide, but try and get even a fraction of the value on eBay. It won't happen unless it is a need for a set. It's a touchy situation for sure, and it can be enlightening to work some things out. I will go above BV in trades that involve Halak cards that I am really interested in, and will go even further if it has a great patch, does not show up all that often, or is a special serial number. We can all place certain values on our cards that others might not see, but it still means something to us. Just take your thoughts on the situation into perspective, and also the other traders' thoughts. Negotiation is an art... and I can tell you now that I suck at it! Haha! Best wishes!

Randi