`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chipper's 1500th walk =

Chipper's 1500th walk =
After he got his 1500th walk on Wednesday against the Brewers, the announcers showed a clip of the elite company he can now be mentioned with. Here is the description of the stats:

3B Chipper Jones has joined Stan Musial, Babe Ruth, Ted Williams and Lou Gehrig as the only players in major league history to have at least 1,500 walks, 2,500 hits, 1,500 runs, 500 doubles, 450 home runs and 1,500 RBI while hitting .300 with a .400 on-base percentage and a .500 slugging percentage.

How about that for a career! Can you say HOF bound 1st class?!
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

RE: Chipper's 2500th hit =
Nowadays it is questionable to make the HOF first ballot if a player doesn't ave 300 wins, 500 home runs, or 3000 hits. Chipper Jones breaks this mold. Even though he is so close to these numbers, he deserves and I think he will be first ballot. There can't be any questions about it. A career .304 hitter?!?!?

Beautiful career. I love that he's going out on top as well. He will surely be missed
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

has to be first ballot. Who else would be in his retiring class. No other big names have thrown their hats in for calling it quits this year. Rivera has said he is coming back next year. Andy P is another that said he is thinking about going another year. Is jorge posada doesnt go in first ballot then he can join chipper. Will be a very busy day in canton with chipper and jorge with two teams with very big followings.

he actually has over 2700 hits. oh, and he;s a definite 1st ballot hofer

Jorge Posada in the HOF? Sorry, I'm not sold on that. Chipper for sure though.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

(09-14-2012, 12:09 PM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: has to be first ballot. Who else would be in his retiring class. No other big names have thrown their hats in for calling it quits this year. Rivera has said he is coming back next year. Andy P is another that said he is thinking about going another year. Is jorge posada doesnt go in first ballot then he can join chipper. Will be a very busy day in canton with chipper and jorge with two teams with very big followings.
::cough:: cooperstown ::cough:: you mean haha Smile

(09-14-2012, 10:09 AM)stera8 Wrote: Nowadays it is questionable to make the HOF first ballot if a player doesn't ave 300 wins, 500 home runs, or 3000 hits. Chipper Jones breaks this mold. Even though he is so close to these numbers, he deserves and I think he will be first ballot. There can't be any questions about it. A career .304 hitter?!?!?

Beautiful career. I love that he's going out on top as well. He will surely be missed
Palmeiro has 3,000 hits and 500 HRs and he was not on the first ballot into the HOF. So, even the numbers you gave out doesn't make you a lock any more.

Palmeiro is linked to steroids so he really can't be included in this discussion.

I can say my desert shield will go up in value after his retirement lol.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(09-14-2012, 12:39 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Palmeiro has 3,000 hits and 500 HRs and he was not on the first ballot into the HOF. So, even the numbers you gave out doesn't make you a lock any more.
yeaaa just like Motu said, Palmeiro tainted himself with steroids.. its easy to forget that he was linked...being one of the first and all