`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
88-89 Roy OPC Fake?

88-89 Roy OPC Fake?
I bought aRoy 88-89 O-Pee-Chee off the bay a few years back before I was even aware people were faking cards. I know a lot of his fake RC's are floating around, but do you think someone would take the time to fake a card with a BV less than $20?

I'm curious about it because it seems to be too bright and new looking for an older card. I know it depends on the print run and how the card is stored, but it just looks different to me.

The OPC logo looks similar to that of the logo on fake RC's as well. If you look closely you can make out the printing dots. It's not solid like it would be if printed from a plate.

Thoughts?

I'm trading for this card from a member on here anyways because I know it's real, but with some input from you I can decide what to do with the other one (trade it, sell it, burn it, etc.)

[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

RE: 88-89 Roy OPC Fake?
Fire a pic of the one you have up here. Tongue Haha! Hopefully it's just a "too good to be true" card!

Randi

(09-14-2012, 09:16 AM)rayeates Wrote: Fire a pic of the one you have up here. Tongue Haha! Hopefully it's just a "too good to be true" card!

Randi
I agree (for once) with Randi.....post a pic so we can offer a more conclusive opinion on its authenticity.....

ahhhh, what the heck...its a habs card.......burn it anyway! Big Grin
Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

I'm at work or I would have added a pic. I will when I get home although the logo part is what really concerns me and I don't know how you would get a good photo of that lol
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

(09-14-2012, 09:22 AM)pens fan addict Wrote: I agree (for once) with Randi.....post a pic so we can offer a more conclusive opinion on its authenticity.....

ahhhh, what the heck...its a habs card.......burn it anyway! Big Grin
Hey Hugh... What did the five fingers say to the face???

SLAP!!!

I don't know why anyone would fake that card, but stranger things have happened, I suppose.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

I never heard of that one being counterfeited. We have been OPC dealers since we opened in 89.

o-pee-chee has never really had consistent coloured stock, this is most likely the case
with your card.you can see this especially in 89-90 where every card seems to be a different shade
on the backside of the card. 99% sure this is the case for your card as it holds very little resale value.