`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.33 Average
Just broke 3 Momentum packs and 1 Platinum all with hits :)

RE: Just broke 3 Momentum packs and 1 Platinum all with hits :)
(09-13-2012, 09:03 PM)monsterx Wrote: Huh... Crazy!

Well, hope ya learned somethin here brother, remember karma Smile
Yes sir! There are some shady azz people out there, so I now know this goes on. And hopefully I can avoid buying packs from somewhere that's been tampered with.

(09-13-2012, 08:05 PM)monsterx Wrote: Despised doesn't come near the actual feeling...
Well, I was trying to be polite. LOL

Oops..

not cool at all ur dumb cousin should have did the pack searching ..stunts like that can turn a young collector into not collecting from not ever getting a hit and collecting cards for a hobby will be extinct ! I tell ya what I found a dude in target doing that bs and called him out on it and told him its best if he just walked away and not to ever come back. For small town collectors like myself with no card shops we depend on gettin our money worth for what we buy..but not the way you did .

This is why I buy sealed boxes

I will be doing the same....About the sealed boxes. I can almost guarantee this happens where I live at Targets and Walmarts.

Bamamania89- My cousin is not dumb, he's actually a older gentalman. Whether he does this I do not know so let's not jump the gun here. Obviously you do not like this nor do I.

(09-13-2012, 11:33 PM)mo_evo8 Wrote: I will be doing the same....About the sealed boxes. I can almost guarantee this happens where I live at Targets and Walmarts.

Bamamania89- My cousin is not dumb, he's actually a older gentalman. Whether he does this I do not know so let's not jump the gun here. Obviously you do not like this nor do I.
This is what I was talking about with pack searcher posts. Members do not like them, it's better to pretty much never mention it.

Nice patch! Great cards!

Thanks-- Giatnsfan

(09-13-2012, 10:56 PM)jdone Wrote: This is why I buy sealed boxes
Even that doesn't always save you from the menace of pack searchers - how many of us have bought "sealed" boxes only to find out that the packs inside are already open and the "hit" is gone - especially in retail boxes with guaranteed jersey cards this is a problem.

Of course, sometimes I have to laugh at the idiots - like the guy who thought he was so smart to get that box of 2009 Philadelphia, take the no doubt lousy "jersey" card and then reseal the box. Of course, when I bought the box at a discount I was upset that the jersey card was taken, but not too upset because the two chicle cards (one of which was one of the cars, the other was Drew Brees) which is what i bought the box to get were there - and no doubt they were worth more than the jersey card anyway.

There is a guy who is always at the Target near my office pack searching through the individual packs. He is there rubbing every single pack and feeling them and probably damaging the cards inside. I wonder if he ever gets anything good - or anything which matches the 2010 Topps Magic Sam Bradford auto I pulled from a blaster there (or the 2011 R&S Longevity Ryan Williams 1/1 Jumbo Prime Patch or /10 Julio Jones team logo auto from that same set)?

As much as we all hate redemption cards, changing anything larger to redemptions would stop the pack searcher menace. Although I'd rather just see memorabilia cards disappear entirely because I don't care about cheap memorabilia cards which may not even be real (and if real probably was one of 50 jersies from the NFL premiere - just go to all autographs because pack searchers won't be able to find them.

I also hate that those pack searcher idiots lead the boxes I buy to be filled with those dummy cards.

But dude, bragging about "sucess" in pack searching in a guaranteed hit per pack item makes you look rather stupid.