`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ebay Help

Ebay Help
Hey guys, I'm going to start buying things on ebay. I can't put all my money into boxes and packs in hopes of getting something big. And I would also like to be able to build up my PC. I was just going to ask if anyone had any tips or tricks to using ebay? I've never actually used it before. Any help would be appreciated!
Collecting: Steve Smith (Panthers), Deangelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Luke Kuechly, Andruw Jones, and Brian McCann
[Image: retGN.png]

RE: Ebay Help
The best thing I can tell you is this... treat EVERYTHING as if it is a fake until you do your research on the item in question. Pass up the auctions that are ending in a few minutes. You'll see something that is too good to pass up, and when you don't pass it up, you'll wish you did. Look at the stuff ending several days away and RESEARCH it before you bid on it. You will be FAR better off in the end.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(09-13-2012, 02:24 AM)all day baby Wrote: The best thing I can tell you is this... treat EVERYTHING as if it is a fake until you do your research on the item in question. Pass up the auctions that are ending in a few minutes. You'll see something that is too good to pass up, and when you don't pass it up, you'll wish you did. Look at the stuff ending several days away and RESEARCH it before you bid on it. You will be FAR better off in the end.
What exactly do you mean by research? Like, make sure the card is real and what not? Or look up the value of it and stuff like that? Thanks for the info. Those are some great things to know.
Collecting: Steve Smith (Panthers), Deangelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Luke Kuechly, Andruw Jones, and Brian McCann
[Image: retGN.png]

Snipe all auctions if possible... do not give someone a chance to Shill you up on an item.. When I first started bidding on ebay i got taken numerous time for hundreds of dollars before i realized or knew what people were doing (bidding up there own items) . Again SNIPE ALL AUCTIONS IF POSSIBLE>>> In other words bid with only a few seconds left on the auction.

(09-13-2012, 12:58 PM)diablo71 Wrote: Snipe all auctions if possible... do not give someone a chance to Shill you up on an item.. When I first started bidding on ebay i got taken numerous time for hundreds of dollars before i realized or knew what people were doing (bidding up there own items) . Again SNIPE ALL AUCTIONS IF POSSIBLE>>> In other words bid with only a few seconds left on the auction.
This is good advice, as long as you don't see it for the first time with less than a minute left, then decide to bid on it.

By research I mean, check for similar cards in the closed auctions. There, you can check the player's autograph on other cards, see if the same card sold previously by the same seller (and he still has it to sell again), check the amounts similar cards sold for, and check the numbering. Also, check here to see if the card listed on eBay even exists. Some sellers claim theirs is a variation or an error card, when none exist, or they DO exist, but in different quantities stated in the auction. And finally, research the seller. There are some I block because I KNOW they shill up their auctions.

Good luck and have fun!
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

All the above are great advice. I buy and sell on Ebay often. Now I find myself leaning more toward collecting graded cards staying away from raw cards unless they are rare. The ungraded cards does not sell as well because of so much uncertainty with some sellers on Ebay concerning condition of cards unless they are rare. You do your research evaluating feedback of sellers you should get some good deals. Sniping is the best tip do your research and homework a few days before auction end. Set your price and stick to it no matter what if you don't you may get sucked into a bidding war. I quit invested in boxes the new stuff don't sell for much on the secondary market now since you have so much out there, but when you see a video of someone pulling a crazy big time hit you can easily get sucked in to buying a box. Also, buy lots whenever possible even if you get cards you don't like. You can also trade or resell them. You should enjoy it just screen your sellers well you going to always have a few bad apples in the bunch.

Enjoy Good Luck!!!

I do the opposite, I refuse to buy graded cards. Most things will be fine, the fakes are in person autos, some patches, things of that nature. A standard auto like you would pull from a pack will be fine. Also- the fakes are few and far between. They get a lot of publicity though, so it makes it seem like that is all there is on Ebay, but in truth it is an EXTREMELY small percentage. You just need to use your judgement.

I also prefer to put one bid in to a site such as gixen.com which will then put my first, last, and only bid in to the auction with 5 seconds left. That way, I get it for what I was willing to pay or I don't get it at all. (It also doesn't matter then if I forget about the auction close which I have a tendency to do.)

hey, you need a Steve Smith Topps Captain Patch? PM where I need to send itSmile
Who Dat Nation, Who Dat Pride!!!!!!! I am all about New Orleans and collecting Saints memorabilia.

[Image: imagesCAB5DF6E_zpsc77d5e81.jpg]

http://s448.photobucket.com/home/codenamelawman/index

best advice i can give you is sign up for ebay bucks right now before you go and spend a grand and then wonder what everybody on here is talking about in a month lol. google it, sign up. do it, right now. you earn free money on things you buy and get to spend it later. its a good deal.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

Snipe - never did it - never needed to - just final bid at 30 second mark with the MAX I would spend...
That's how I ended up with mt Herschel booklet.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]