`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Opinions??
09-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Opinions??
I am thinking about buying a box of the 2011-12 Retro tonight when they get restocked, but the prices have gone up and haven't been disclosed yet. Is it worth it to spend $400 or so on a box of the retro or getting a box or two of something cheaper?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2012, 05:09 PM
RE: Opinions??
Well they restocked them already and it was for $679.95. I hurried up and got on ebay and bought one from a guy with a buy it now of $475. I hope it pans out, that was way more than I could afford to spend.
09-12-2012, 05:30 PM
good luck to you man! hope you pull some nice stuff Smile Any Penny's lmk

[Image: PennyBannerFinal.gif]
09-12-2012, 05:52 PM
(09-12-2012 05:30 PM)aarhart1985 Wrote:  good luck to you man! hope you pull some nice stuff Smile Any Penny's lmk

got a penny golden touch..buy the box theres still alot of good stuff to be pulled

collecting lebron james kevin durant and micheal jodan
09-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Good luck man. My buddy bought a mini for 150 and pulled the Jordan flair showcase /150. If you have the cash I think the potential for a good investment is still there.

http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r577/mtadams2/
09-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Thanks all, it should be here Saturday I will definitely post pics. I usually buy singles, don't buy boxes too often so hopefully this pays out. I'm tempted to buy a few more for $475 while I can still find them that cheap.. everywhere else seems to be charging like $550 or more.
09-13-2012, 09:31 AM
Good luck

[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK
09-13-2012, 11:49 AM
The dealers along with UD are manipulating the market... they are rationing off boxes/cases... saying they are almost out of stock, when actually, in my opinion, they are not... they wait a day or two. then say they just got some more, but the price is higher..

Collectors are hungry for new product & MJ autos.. along with the PMG cards... which I do not think they will do goo overtime... check out the print runs... college uniforms? we want our UD NBA cards back!!

how can a product go from $350- to over $600 within a few days of release? It is because supply & demand.. some dealers will hold onto product, once nobody else has any, they will put theirs up for $1,000 a box... will you pay that much a month from now?

I'm an average collector.. I have spent big on a few products, but I can not afford RETRO at this time... I do not like their sticker autos, nor do I like college uniforms, unless it's a Rookie player of this year or next...

I can pick up singles for cheaper than a box.. I will not spend hundreds or thousands of dollars for a non-autographed card..

NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*
09-13-2012, 12:17 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2012 12:20 PM by TBarn291.)
I have to agree with your comment. The are definitely manipulating the market. It is a shame the way they are taking advantage of the average collectors. I was very hesitant about buying the box, especially after seeing some of the prices these cards are going for on ebay. I wasn't to impressed. My main motivation for buying one is the chance for a Jordan auto. I have a decent collection but I know it's not a real collection until I have at least one Jordan auto and one Lebron auto. To be honest, I am considering buying a few boxes just so I can sit on them until they are going for $1000 a box. It's wrong, but might as well try to make a nice little profit off of an almost guaranteed investment.

(09-13-2012 11:49 AM)jpleazme805 Wrote:  The dealers along with UD are manipulating the market... they are rationing off boxes/cases... saying they are almost out of stock, when actually, in my opinion, they are not... they wait a day or two. then say they just got some more, but the price is higher..

Collectors are hungry for new product & MJ autos.. along with the PMG cards... which I do not think they will do goo overtime... check out the print runs... college uniforms? we want our UD NBA cards back!!

how can a product go from $350- to over $600 within a few days of release? It is because supply & demand.. some dealers will hold onto product, once nobody else has any, they will put theirs up for $1,000 a box... will you pay that much a month from now?

I'm an average collector.. I have spent big on a few products, but I can not afford RETRO at this time... I do not like their sticker autos, nor do I like college uniforms, unless it's a Rookie player of this year or next...

I can pick up singles for cheaper than a box.. I will not spend hundreds or thousands of dollars for a non-autographed card..

Also, I buy most of my products from DACardworld.com and they had originally listed them for like $299, and they emailed me the day they were restocking and the price was $679! That is more than double, in less than a week. Absolutely insane.

(09-13-2012 11:49 AM)jpleazme805 Wrote:  The dealers along with UD are manipulating the market... they are rationing off boxes/cases... saying they are almost out of stock, when actually, in my opinion, they are not... they wait a day or two. then say they just got some more, but the price is higher..

09-13-2012, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2012 05:18 PM by jpleazme805.)
ya, I wonder who is making the real money... is it UD or is it the dealers?? I think some of the dealers are the real crooks when rising the prices so fast.... they are almost as worse as the gas stations & everybody involved in the gas market...