`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question About PSA Grading

Question About PSA Grading

Hey guys, I sent in a Mike Trout auto to get graded/authenticated by PSA.

I went with the 20-day option, and they received it on Aug. 22, so it's actually only been like 13 business days since they got it — I'm not freaking out or anything, just getting excited.

(Plus, if for some reason they can't/don't authenticate it, I need to get it back before the 45-day cutoff to make a PayPal claim and get my money back).

Anyway, just curious ... do they send you an email or anything to let you know when they have shipped it?

Or do you just wait for it to show up?

I used the 17.50 USPS shipping option, so I assume they would just drop it in my mailbox like any other eBay package or whatever?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks ... RJ

RE: Question About PSA Grading
Never heard of trying to get your money back, because it was fake.
You bought a item off ebay it seems, and you received it. Transaction done then, the way i look at it.
You had the option to ask the seller questions. Unless he says it was 'original', i dont see why you get your money back. Just make sure and read their return policy.
I've gone thru the same ordeal with buying unopened packs. I got them and sent them in to grade. They come back as tampered and ungradable. So im out the $ for grading, and all the seller atleast offers a refund, but not to recover my losses and s/h fees. So i just kept them as lesson learned.

Collecting ROOKIE CARDS 40-60's, 25 Gehrig, fancraze-wagner

(09-12-2012, 01:21 PM)pawpawdiv9 Wrote: Never heard of trying to get your money back, because it was fake.
You bought a item off ebay it seems, and you received it. Transaction done then, the way i look at it.
You had the option to ask the seller questions. Unless he says it was 'original', i dont see why you get your money back. Just make sure and read their return policy.
I've gone thru the same ordeal with buying unopened packs. I got them and sent them in to grade. They come back as tampered and ungradable. So im out the $ for grading, and all the seller atleast offers a refund, but not to recover my losses and s/h fees. So i just kept them as lesson learned.
I checked with PayPal, and since he said it was "100 percent guaranteed authentic," I can make a claim due to it not being as described if it comes back unauthenticated ... I literally studied every single Trout auto on the bay to compare before I went for it ... before I went for it, like I said, I contacted PayPal to make sure I could get a refund because of his claim ... then I let the seller know I would be sending it in for grading, and returning it if they didn't authenticate it.

So, I did my homework before I bought it — I am not a moron and wouldn't buy an IP auto without some level of protection.

If I lose out on the grading fees, so be it, but I'm very confident it's legit.

If not, lesson learned, I've wasted $42.50 on other stuff before and will probably do it again, so I'm not worried about it.

But, if it comes back like I think it will, I'll be very happy with it because it's a sweet-looking card and auto.

I may even keep it even if it doesn't come back authenticated (sometimes happens with IP autos), because that's how confident I am it's legit.

I didn't buy it to flip it anyway, but wanted to send it in and get it authenticated in case I ever do need to sell it.

Besides, that's not what this thread is about.

I was asking if anyone that has ever used PSA, if they've gotten some sort of notification when they're going to send it back.

Have you ever used PSA?

I believe that unless the seller SAYS no guarantee of authenticity OR some sort of indication that it might NOT be legit - that they are certainly selling AND promising an authentic auto and if its proven to be fake that you SHOULD be entitled to a refund.
Collecting HOF Vint-Rooks-GU-autos + Musial and other Cardinals

Bucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd387/SchlueterLaw/

[Image: MusialCollageSmall.jpg]

That good...someone does their homework. in fact you went beyond that. KUDOOS!!
As for the PSA thing....if its like Beckectt...they send a email when then send it out after its processed.
Collecting ROOKIE CARDS 40-60's, 25 Gehrig, fancraze-wagner

(09-12-2012, 03:54 PM)mikeschlueter783 Wrote: I believe that unless the seller SAYS no guarantee of authenticity OR some sort of indication that it might NOT be legit - that they are certainly selling AND promising an authentic auto and if its proven to be fake that you SHOULD be entitled to a refund.
Yes, thank you. I'm hoping it just comes back in a nice little PSA holder with the word "authentic" splashed on it, and then I can show it off to you guys ... LOL
(09-12-2012, 04:59 PM)pawpawdiv9 Wrote: That good...someone does their homework. in fact you went beyond that. KUDOOS!!
As for the PSA thing....if its like Beckectt...they send a email when then send it out after its processed.
Awesome, thanks. I hope I get it soon. Even though it's been 13 business days, it's been like three actual weeks.