`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why PMG is more popular than other potential parallel?

RE: Why PMG is more popular than other potential parallel?
The Sports Card Dealers are rationing off product, with the help of UD & who ever else is involved in their get rich quick scheme...

how in the hell can boxes of Retro reach over $600 within a few days of being released? I guess those collectors that preordered are making a killing, if they resold the product... doubling their money!! If I had the funds, i would of done this myself...

Dealers ration on Retro boxes, saying they only have a few left or they ran out.. then a couple days later, they have 20-30 cases to sell... WTH.. now, collectors think they are hard to find.. so they are willing to pay double the price for boxes of RETRO...

It's a SCAM I tell you!!

can't wait to see the prices drop... Did you see the prices of the MJ Retro Jambalaya?
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

(09-12-2012, 07:55 PM)stevebaird1 Wrote: the card companies will not quit till they suck the value and money out of all our pockets as much as possible this new retro set is total BS
+1... when it is popular, lets make tons of it and it is just like printing money!!! UD has done this since it's inception in 1989!

How many Griffey RCs were made after the intitial print run??? Do some research and you can see what I am talking about.

I actually like this retro product and had some preordered, just to have the wholeseller inform me that it was unavailable because it had pre sold to much of its limited quantities... now they have some in stock, but the price is about three times as high...yeah right!
(09-13-2012, 12:10 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: The Sports Card Dealers are rationing off product, with the help of Panini & who ever else is involved in their get rich quick scheme...

how in the hell can boxes of Retro reach over $600 within a few days of being released? I guess those collectors that preordered are making a killing, if they resold the product... doubling their money!! If I had the funds, i would of done this myself...

Dealers ration on Retro boxes, saying they only have a few left or they ran out.. then a couple days later, they have 20-30 cases to sell... WTH.. now, collectors think they are hard to find.. so they are willing to pay double the price for boxes of RETRO...

It's a SCAM I tell you!!

can't wait to see the prices drop... Did you see the prices of the MJ Retro Jambalaya?
Just saw this one and had to "+1" here as well.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

Got Watcha Want.. It is crazy to believe that dealers sold too much pre-sale boxes... the are supposed to anticipate the pre-sale & estimate how much they will sale upon release of the product... it is called "LOGISTICS"... There are people that get paid big buck to market product & quess the amount of product they will need to fulfill all the pre-sales & after release sales...

It is hard to believe that a big time & well respected dealers like DAcardworld & Blowoutcards would run out of product so fast.. only to turn around a few days later & double the price per box... It is crazy! They are robbing collectors of their hard earned money along with UD & Panini... already with their high price SRP... remember all those products that started out at $100-200 per box, only to drop in price? but then others, skyrocket, because it has Durant & Rose autos in them...

Crazy prices like RETRO are making me not want to collect anymore!! I am trying to downsize my collection anyways.. but this just helps me do it faster... search for my user ID... you'll find my cards...

What was the SRP?
*United States Navy*

(09-12-2012, 07:55 PM)stevebaird1 Wrote: the card companies will not quit till they suck the value and money out of all our pockets as much as possible this new retro set is total BS
Yeah, I mean, can't blame them for trying (LOL), but the reason those old school PMGs are so valuable is they're so old and hard to find/pull ... Back in the day, an insert seeded 1:288 packs — not sure about the PMGs, I just remember that insert ratio in a lot of 1990s products — essentially means one per case, and who knows how many full cases of those kinds of products still exist?

I think they're so hot because people are trying to recapture the old magic ... but then they realize LeBron is still wearing his SVSM jersey from like 10 years ago, the card is numbered to 150, and it isn't a "real" PMG ...

jpleazeme srp=@ $165 or so + s&H...and the mini's were half that. Just saw some on ebay for $500 recently... WOW! I had seen the great single sales and now after reasearching boxes... it ticks me off more!

That is the last time I do an off retailer for the sake of a lower price... will prob stick with DA and Blowout from now on. I would have busted it anyway.. not resold a presale. BUT I am not in it for the $$$. In this hobby you are a collector or a dealer and I am a collector. A patient collector that can wait for the upcoming product price drop..
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

same here, I'm a collector at heart.. I lost money when I bought my last two cases of Preferred (terrible) & Elite Black Box... probably lost a $1,000 on each case... if I was to resell all the singles.. I sold some, but got hit with ebay/paypal fees.. that sucks!!

I didn't know the srp was that low... My LCS said they were around $200-220, but then again, he always raises the srp, to try to make the prices of his boxes sound good.. he doesn't raise his prices too much.. he is a card shop owner as a hobby.. the guy is in his mid 70's.. (I think).. I know he just has a birthday not too long ago.. good guy.. his shop is located in Chula Vista, Ca (San Diego)... named PJ's Sports Cards..

I will never pay high prices for boxes... & refuse to buy single packs.. odds are better in a box, than a couple packs... especially, if the box has 18-36 packs... & only 1-3 hits... not worth it.. unless you like gambling...

Most collector are blind by the hype of the PMG so much that they ignored some other rare beauties parallels from the other products. I wonder if the new emerald parallel from the totally certified product will get overlook or just being ignored from collector this year. In term of rarity, I think they are the same.

PMG /50 & /150 have crazy prices... I'd never pay that much for one of those cards!!! I love the design! I think the green version is the best, because it stands for GREEN GEM... in my opinion...

but in the end, they are plain looking cards... with a high print run for what people keep saying are scarce cards. They are not that scarce!! Everybody is busting boxes like crazy, only to try to get a quick sell on those so-called scarce cards!!

Why would anybody pay $3,000 for a PMG /50 or /150 printrun of a MJ or Lebron?? maybe a couple hundred... $300 max... but thousands!! THERE IS TOO MUCH HYPE IN THIS PRODUCT!!

If I was able to afford any RETRO boxes, I'd try to make the quick sell too, unless I got an auto of one of those two players!! but I can't stand College uniforms!! so I wouldn't buy RETRO..

I'd rather buy Press Pass if I wanted players in College uniforms!!
*United States Navy*

I think it's because some collector's are like bower birds - they like shiny things.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

Sometime I just don't get it.
Here is a question.

What is rarer? A PMG 150 made from the retro product or a Panini Season update parallel only 24 made.

some or most people currently will says a 150 card produced PMG is rarer than an only 24 made parallel which confuse the heck out of me. lol.