`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need some help with value...

need some help with value...
so strasburg is my favorite player and I collect his cards...

HYPOTHETICALLY I were to want to trade this set for a higher end strasburg card...

what kind of trade value would you put on the set? including the auto?
[Image: therainbow.jpg]

thanks

[Image: p18mannbanner.gif]

RE: need some help with value...
strasburg has mental issues and not performing up to par....Value be taking a drastic fall
Look it up on the ORG/Price list
Collecting ROOKIE CARDS 40-60's, 25 Gehrig, fancraze-wagner

(09-11-2012, 07:32 PM)pawpawdiv9 Wrote: strasburg has mental issues and not performing up to par....Value be taking a drastic fall
Look it up on the ORG/Price list
Strasburg is about to miss out on the opportunity of a lifetime by being shut out of post season play. I'd have mental issues too. Nolan Ryan only played in 1 World Series in a 20+ year career. Imagine if they had sit him back in the 60's when he was totally healthy and capable of pitching! I can't see this going over well. If I were Stephen Strasburg I would agree to sit the remainder of the regular season, and demand a trade if it carried over into the playoffs.

(09-11-2012, 06:44 PM)p18mann Wrote: so strasburg is my favorite player and I collect his cards...

HYPOTHETICALLY I were to want to trade this set for a higher end strasburg card...

what kind of trade value would you put on the set? including the auto?
[Image: therainbow.jpg]

thanks
PRICELESS

I'd rather have a rainbow than an expensive card. You'll have many opportunities to get an expensive card. But how easy is it to get a rainbow like that?
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

I'd say the set might be worth $350 cash.

-As far as shutting Strasburg down, I disagree with the prevailing sentiment that he should be allowed to pitch indefinitely. I challenge anyone on here to name 3 examples of top-tier young pitchers that increased their pitching load by more than 60 innings from one season to the next and didn't go on to have major arm issues. With Strasburg, he has already undergone Tommy John surgery, so there is more reason to be concerned. Tom Verducci has written articles about this very topic (not specifically about Strasburg) for the past two years. His predictions of pitchers who have been "overused" have been almost spot-on. Google it.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(09-11-2012, 09:18 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I'd say the set might be worth $350 cash.

-As far as shutting Strasburg down, I disagree with the prevailing sentiment that he should be allowed to pitch indefinitely. I challenge anyone on here to name 3 examples of top-tier young pitchers that increased their pitching load by more than 60 innings from one season to the next and didn't go on to have major arm issues. With Strasburg, he has already undergone Tommy John surgery, so there is more reason to be concerned. Tom Verducci has written articles about this very topic (not specifically about Strasburg) for the past two years. His predictions of pitchers who have been "overused" have been almost spot-on. Google it.

I completely agree but I would not hesitate to use him in the playoffs. Maybe have him throw relief in tight games. I know it's a big change from starting but to have him throw 1 inning in a game that you have a 1 run lead would be huge.
Oh and to the OP, I wouldn't get rid of that set, maybe add to it if possible.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Also, I would hold onto this set. The value (cash, trade, or otherwise) should increase when he inevitably becomes a leading candidate for a Cy Young. At his age, he still has great potential. It only helps matters that he pitches for a team that should be strong for a few more years (and maybe more). With the new playoff configuration, the Nationals stand a good chance to make the playoffs, if not every year then every 2-3 years. The Nationals spend a lot of money and have a good, young team. There's no reason to think, on this modern playoff format, that this could be Strasburg's one and only chance at the playoffs. On the other hand, if Strasburg were to injure himself, or suffer a drop-off in velocity and effectiveness due to fatigue/overuse/mechanic breakdown, his chances future play-off chances take a big hit.

I guess what annoys me about the Strasburg situation is that seemingly everyone in the media (except Verducci) proclaims there is no evidence that limiting a young pitcher's innings has any benefit. I totally disagree. There are dozens of examples from the last 5-6 years alone where an otherwise healthy young pitcher sustained a huge productivity decline following a big (50 inning plus) increase in innings pitched. There are very few examples to the contrary.

I do think, however, that the Nats could have done a better job of spreading his innings out during the season (by giving extra days rest, skipping starts, etc).

To the OP- didn't mean to hijack your thread. Thought I'd add my 2 cents on Strasburg while mentioning what a nice set you've put together. For the reasons I mentioned, I think the Nat's plan to limit Strasburg's innings this year will pay future dividends, especially to Strasburg collectors.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Strasburg is just putting up with all of this until he can sign with the Yankees.

(09-12-2012, 02:03 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Strasburg is just putting up with all of this until he can sign with the Yankees.
Sad, but probably true.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

But WHY keep pitching him throught the late season? They have a commanding lead in their division. Why not save some games for the post-season?
Collecting HOF Vint-Rooks-GU-autos + Musial and other Cardinals

Bucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd387/SchlueterLaw/

[Image: MusialCollageSmall.jpg]