`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
OT Ebay ethics question

RE: OT Ebay ethics question
Here you go.....never knew you could until the person did that one me.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/bid-retract.html

(09-11-2012, 06:29 PM)Magnifico21 Wrote: How do you retract bids? How do you as a seller even remove bids? I've never seen it myself.

Thanks sir.
[Image: Z7CfI.png]
Atlanta Braves (Heyward, Beachy), Dallas Cowboys (Dez, Claiborne), Iowa Hawkeyes, Georgia Bulldogs (AJ Green), collecting them all!

Bucket: http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w430...r%20Trade/

Or, you could contact the seller before the card gets high bids, and offer him a nice price if he pulls it and sells it to you.

That might make your conscience feel better, instead of getting a card down the road by kinda screwing someone now.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

I don't think there is anything ethically wrong with it. As long as you're not shilling and would be willing to pay if you win, then bid away. Think of it this way: if you really want one, this guy is going to make you pay. Nothing wrong with returning the favor.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

Yea i would pay if i won...and no im not creating multiple accounts...and yes i have tried to contact sellers and it doesnt work most of the time.....and yes i have contacted the guy and he said he is building a "shrine" so no such luck.....lol i think that answers all the posts that i missed while i was gone. Smile
http://s1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee488/wingah/

Rob Gronkowski RC collection 34/36 Any help is appreciated!

[Image: GronkBanner2.jpg]
Thanks to jkiddlridnour for making the banner! Smile

Contacting the seller doesn't have to work EVERY time... it has to work ONE time.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(09-11-2012, 02:36 PM)leedrane Wrote: I only think it is unethical if you are the seller and are bidding things up. Just had someone do that....bidded up past my high, then retracted a bid so that I was at my max. I am pretty sure that they were connected to the bidder, because it wasn't the first auction in their history that this had happened to. The one thing that I will say though, if you bid him way up and somehow win.....you should complete the transaction. As long as you are willing to pay for whatever you bid, I think you are being ethical.
You know you can call ebay and have your bid retracted as well so the guy who bid you up gets stuck with it
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

(09-11-2012, 09:07 PM)duch2izback Wrote: You know you can call ebay and have your bid retracted as well so the guy who bid you up gets stuck with it
bingo...back to MAKING THEM PAY...simple
Smile
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

ebay ethics...thats an oxymoron
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

I don't think you're wrong for trying to drive up the price on the other guy. In fact I applaud you for it. Big Grin Competition is part of this hobby.
I also don't think the other guy is doing anything wrong either. If he's willing to shell out top dollar then God bless him.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.