`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 NHL Lockout ?'s for all collectors

2 NHL Lockout ?'s for all collectors
Have 2 Questions for everyone if their is a lockout starting on Sept 15-- which at this point looks inevitable.

1.If their is a lockout AGAIN how will that effect you card buying?

2. If their is a lockout has anyone heard how that will effect UD and Panini's card production-- will they limited releases for next year.

As a side note even if they only loose a month the RC crop most likely will be CRAP as some of the high drafted junior players are already commiting to return to junior and more will.

RE: 2 NHL Lockout ? for all collectors
Well if there is a lockout... it wont affect me too much, if the product is limited itll give me less new Joe Thorntons to chase and a year to catch up! Lol, ever the optimist.... havent heard anything about the second Q, but being in Australia, doubt i would.
[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI

RE: 2 NHL Lockout ? for all collectors
what nemesis said. more time to catch up.

RE: 2 NHL Lockout ?'s for all collectors
I do not want a lockout, but if it happens it will let me catch up on buying singles instead of busting wax. As for question 2 I think you will see a change in some products as long as the lockout is ongoing. Panini has already announce Classic Signatures. Also I feel that UD series 1 will only have the holdover RCs from last year and if the holdout goes for awhile there may not be a series 2.
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

Another Lockout would be horrific for all of us collectors that are looking forward to the new rookie crop. However... the Classic Signatures and other items that will come to light have the potential to be amazing! I would love to break something like 2011-12 Parkhurst (but with more variety and better Mem./Ink insertion) that has only retired superstars that I used to enjoy watching! Upper Deck seems to always be on the brink of self destruction, but they do manage to pull out another year... every year. Haha! Hopefully they will be able to sort out their issues and continue on. I would hate to see Topps back in the mix! Tongue

Randi

Well, my PC players are:
Steve Kelly (most cards from 95-98)
Barry Brust (most cards from 05-07)
Danny Watkins (NFL)
Justin Schultz (hasn't played an NHL game yet)

So it won't affect my PC collecting too much, other than giving me time to catch up on Watkins before having to go after, what I'm sure will be, high priced Schultz.

As for my purchasing habits, like I said, probably mostly going to go after different Watkins singles from last year and pick up any Brust or Kelly I just can't say no to. For boxes, I think I'm going to use any lockout that may happen to pick up some ITG. I've only bought retail from them, but Panini and (moreso) UD are so bad at what they do I think I'll give ITG a shot either way, actually.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

The only thing I would see from Topps coming back is Topps Chrome Hockey, could you imangine a super-refractor 1/1 auto rookie of the Nuge.

chrme is always great

I don't really buy any new hockey products, so I probably would just keep on doing what I do now, buying/trading hockey singles for my pc and then buy boxes of baseball.
PC: Kovy-Hasek-Bure-Sanford-Low

Trading for:
00-01 SC Beam Team
01-02 YoungStars Gold
Tradelist
Photobucket