Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Is Getting Old, FAST!

This Is Getting Old, FAST!
Good day, Beckett Community!

This link you are now reading is a tutorial on how to leave feedback for your trades!!!

It is a very rainy day here in Halifax, and I have been pretty much stuck inside, cleaning the house. The place looks great, so I must have done something right! Haha! On to my digression. I have been left yet ANOTHER negative feedback in a trade! I know that this is an accidental happening, but it has now happened to me three times this year! There is absolutely no reason for this type of thing to happen! There are many threads regarding Accidental Feedback posted to ALL boards, and each and every one of them has a response explaining that there is nothing that can be done to rectify this situation yet.

I went out of my way to make sure that there was a thread detailing what this community thinks is proper trading conduct, and have received rave reviews from all of you fine folks for this thread. Many of you have also put input into play and I have graciously added it to the Original Post. Please, if you have any questions regarding trading here on Beckett.com, go ahead and read what the community thinks.

Don't have the time to read it... well then I have bad news for you. You probably should not be trading within the community then. If you do not have time to learn the ropes and conduct yourself properly, like so many of us experienced members have done (how do you think we have garnered the experience?), then you cannot blame us for getting upset.

Now the reasons that this happens are detailed in the thread that I wrote out, but I will oblige again. Please, for the love of all that we care about, do NOT leave feedback from your iPhone or android!!! They are not compatible with the site right now and do not register the stars. This gives the trader that you have dealt with inappropriate negative feedback, and creates a hassle for yourself, the other traders, their future traders and most of all, the Mods! If you have your iPhone on you when you are marking the cards as received, do not leave feedback. Wait until you get home and can do it on a PC, laptop or Mac! This does not need to happen anymore!

So to conclude my rant, I will say this: If I receive accidental negative feedback with a good comment again, I will be leaving deserved DEPLETED feedback for the other trader for their improper conduct. If this upsets you, then please pay more attention to what you are doing, as I do not need more hassles, or just do not offer to trade with me. If I have offended you, then I am sorry for that. There is no need for this to happen. I have never left an accidental negative for anyone, and will do my absolute best to make sure that I never will.

Thank you for your time, Beckett Community. Best wishes!

Randi

RE: This Is Getting Old, FAST!
That sucks Randi I'm sorry if it was me I've been in and out for the past month or so. This is the first time I've been at my home computer since my last mail day.
Collect Ray Bourque, Ryan Miller, Patrice Bergeron, Dougie Hamilton

I'm sorry to hear about this issue Randi......that's why I'm glad I usually just trade with close traders/friends and never really have to deal with the feedback-trade tool.

Myself as well as most of the traders on this site know you have a very trustworthy and honorable reputation......so I really wouldn't concern yourself with it to much......

Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

Randi, it's not like you're a newbie around here...everyone knows how tradeworthy you are. No worries! I will admit, though, that I'm glad it wasn't me that left the feedback (yes, I went back and checked).
I collect Dany Heatley, Nicklas Backstrom, all Red Wings and most Yankees.

Randi, your an honest person, everyone here knows that, so make sure you leave a comment on the feedback, so newer traders will know what happened, or better yet, have those members that left you the accidental negs, PM you the comment that would explain what happened.
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(09-10-2012, 04:52 PM)iluvladies5015 Wrote: That sucks Randi I'm sorry if it was me I've been in and out for the past month or so. This is the first time I've been at my home computer since my last mail day.
No need to worry, Nick! It is not you. Haha! Thanks for the response.
(09-10-2012, 05:29 PM)pens fan addict Wrote: I'm sorry to hear about this issue Randi......that's why I'm glad I usually just trade with close traders/friends and never really have to deal with the feedback-trade tool.

Myself as well as most of the traders on this site know you have a very trustworthy and honorable reputation......so I really wouldn't concern yourself with it to much......
I am considering doing just that, Hugh. I don't want to... because there are so many newer traders that I would love to give a hand with their PCs, but if this continues I am going to have to take your actions. I hope not, though.
(09-10-2012, 06:42 PM)gmccarth Wrote: Randi, it's not like you're a newbie around here...everyone knows how tradeworthy you are. No worries! I will admit, though, that I'm glad it wasn't me that left the feedback (yes, I went back and checked).
I know, Greg, but it still annoys the crap out of me. Now I have to either bug the Mods with this, or get the other trader to bug the Mods. They don't need this hassle, or the lash-back that will come from less understanding traders. Haha! I would have sent you a polite PM if it was... but I doubt you would do that! Tongue
(09-11-2012, 02:31 AM)shezdoni Wrote: Randi, your an honest person, everyone here knows that, so make sure you leave a comment on the feedback, so newer traders will know what happened, or better yet, have those members that left you the accidental negs, PM you the comment that would explain what happened.
Thanks for the integrity, Shez! I have PMed the other trader about the accidental negative, but have yet to see a response. I do hope that Beckett.com gets this fixed so that we don't have to sit here with accidentals sitting on our record. The "prompt you about zero stars" idea that I have seen suggested is the best one, in my opinion! It makes sure that you know you are about to leave an abysmal rating for a good trade. It will be a glorious day in the Beckett Community when the resolution comes to fruition! Best wishes, all!

Randi

Sorry to hear about your situation Randi. It should not happen, and 100% of the people here know how upstanding you are. This brings another point to light and that is Beckett needs to come thru on the promises they made about the website. Said there was going to be a program "Matchmaker" to line traders up together and most importantly for your situation, give the ability to mods to change feedback scores. What's it been, over a year that we were all PROMISED these things were going to happen, yet nothing.
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

(09-11-2012, 07:14 AM)pens1fan Wrote: Sorry to hear about your situation Randi. It should not happen, and 100% of the people here know how upstanding you are. This brings another point to light and that is Beckett needs to come thru on the promises they made about the website. Said there was going to be a program "Matchmaker" to line traders up together and most importantly for your situation, give the ability to mods to change feedback scores. What's it been, over a year that we were all PROMISED these things were going to happen, yet nothing.
Whipping the dead horse, huh Walt? Hehe! Thanks for the great and kind words! When this site is fully operational it will be a force to recon... WHEN! IF that ever happens is the real question. The magazine has proven almost futile on the shelves. The LCS's here only pick-up a handful of them and always have to send some back for a refund. The site is where it is at, so I personally think that Beckett should focus more on it and pay less attention to the now lesser media. The Matchmaker will be an outstanding tool to have, as searching for wanted items now is a HUGE pain! Soon... hopefully soon.

Randi

I will say just a couple of things here,

1: Accidentally leaving poor feedback is easy to do. It's even understandable. It is not, however, acceptable. I don't care if it's this site or any other or if it's even related to training. Pay attention to what you're doing if it directly affects someone else. Plain and simple.

2: While I'm certain many have come on here to say it's impossible to fix the situation, I'm certain it's not unfixable, it just requires some actual work.

3: Is it really hard to believe Beckett hasn't delivered on site upgrades that they've promised to their users? Does anyone remember last year?
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(09-11-2012, 05:07 PM)wickabee Wrote: I will say just a couple of things here,

1: Accidentally leaving poor feedback is easy to do. It's even understandable. It is not, however, acceptable. I don't care if it's this site or any other or if it's even related to training. Pay attention to what you're doing if it directly affects someone else. Plain and simple.

2: While I'm certain many have come on here to say it's impossible to fix the situation, I'm certain it's not unfixable, it just requires some actual work.

3: Is it really hard to believe Beckett hasn't delivered on site upgrades that they've promised to their users? Does anyone remember last year?
HEY! Why are you bringing last year up??? That time SUCKED for us all and we would all like to forget it! Haha! Thanks for adding to the rant, Tyson. Just in case anyone missed it, here is the link to the thread that we, the Beckett Community, inputted our thoughts into. I found the thread that floydtown wrote about leaving feedback (why none of this stuff is linked on the hockey boards is beyond me), and how to do it properly!!! I will insert it into the OP.

Randi